Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Wow! thats a stunner! :D
one of the best original condition machines I have seen!
thanks for posting that..

im going to email the seller and ask if I can use his photos!:)
whats interesting though is his use of the 1974 date..
im curious if he got that date from my webpage..
because up until a few weeks ago I had the 932000 series beginning in 1974!
and model 932001 being the first model, from 1974..
but I just changed that to 1977 for the start of the 932000 series..
so im pretty sure this is actually a 1977 or 1978 model year machine..
I need the Tecumseh serial number! ;)
im going to email the seller and ask..

(he is dreaming with that asking price though! ;) its still about the smallest and weakest 2-stage snowblower ever built..which makes its very low on the desirability scale, even in that condition..its like a mint condition Chevette! ;)
would be a great piece for a collector though..

Scot

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't believe how clean it is!
If it were close to me I would be interested.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just like the one I have sitting in my garage, althought that one is a **** of a lot nicer than mine. I want to get it going again just for the fun of it. It isn't really a practical unit unless you have a very small amount of snow.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Well..to be fair, its actually significantly cooler than a mint condition chevette! ;)
yes, its at the bottom of the usefulness scale for many..but only for those of us in the major snow belts..For areas with lighter snow, its actually a fine machine..Im a bit biased because of where I live..When I search the Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse craigslists for used machines, I almost never see the 932000 series or newer "compact" type machines for sale..simply because people don't really buy them around here..
but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them! ;)
they are simply meant for different areas..

I believe that Ariens must have invented these "compact" snowblowers because many areas in the US get *light* snow..and not everyone needs the full-size machine..
these 932000 series machines are probably more common in places like Virginia..where they get a few 2" or 6" snowfalls a year..yes, snowblowers in general are probably less common down there, but im sure many people still have them...there are probably some snowblower owners in Georgia! ;)

So I dont really want to disparage this machine..its an excellent snowblower!
same as any other Ariens..just not for Buffalo, NY is all..
It was designed for a specific purpose..light snow.

and actually, even though I live in Western NY, I would still love to have a machine like this! just as part of a collection..if I had my larger "main work horse" snowblower, then a machine like this would just be a fun and cool machine to have "just because"..
and to use occasionally for snowfalls suited to it..

Scot

·
Registered
104 Posts
its like a mint condition Chevette! ;)
would be a great piece for a collector though..

Scot[/QUOTE]

lmao

kinda like a cherry, amc gremlin,or ford pinto lmao:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts