Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you have a cold chisel and a hammer, you can bang them off....or...you can use a hacksaw, saw off the heads, and drive them out with a punch or screw driver. MH

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it's a single stage, grind what's left of the nuts off using a Dremel or angle grinder, then pry out the bolts with a screwdriver. (Can't hurt the snowblower as the nuts are mounted against the bottom of the plastic scraper bar and you are going to replace it anyway).

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I used my angle grinder to cut the nuts off. If you can do it up against the scraper bar itself, you can avoid messing with the paint on the machine. But that was going to require me to cut the entire heads off the bolts.

I didn't do it that way, I did it on the underside of my Ariens, against the bucket. I was just careful not to grind too deep, and go into the bucket. I down down the length of the bolts, and split the nuts that way.

Make sure to anti-seize the replacements, to make removal easier the next time.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Bolts

I use a cutoff wheel in a grinder and do it against the old scraperbar, so I don't screw up the point or cut into the auger housing by accident (as has already been noted). I've taken several off over the years on multiple machines I've fixed up without otherwise damaging the housing.

Easy to do.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
the screws on my scraper bar have worn down flat, how do i remove them
ALOHA to the forms. if it is a 90's two stage they have carriage bolts and nylock nuts on there get a nut cracker/splitter on them. them take a punch to get the bolt out.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts