Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought of going into detail about my usage and experience with Sea Foam. Changed my mind, you will either try it or you won't.

I will say it has served me well with 2 or 4 cycle engines including lawn equipment, outboards, generators, vehicles and now my Toro blower.

I have used it as a stabilizer and a cleaner. If it uses gasoline it gets Sea Foam.

It will remove varnish and carbon build up.
Great product IMO if used properly and regularly. Do some research, you will find positive and negative info.

I can only say positive things.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I thought of going into detail about my usage and experience with Sea Foam. Changed my mind, you will either will try it or you won't.

I will say it has served me well with 2 or 4 cycle engines including lawn equipment, outboards, generators, vehicles and now my Toro blower.

I have used it as a stabilizer and a cleaner. If it uses gasoline it gets Sea Foam.

It will remove varnish and carbon build up.
Great product IMO if used properly and regularly. Do some research, you will find positive and negative info.

I can only say positive things.
I use Seafoam and Startron and never any problems. I have used Sta Bil but it doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to do. I'll keep on using these two products because they work for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
when my brother got his first snowblower I gave him the sta bil I had and instructed him to use more than recommended for his gas can and he has never had a problem with gas going bad. I had soo much seafoam at home at the time that I started using it to stabilize the gas I had

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Was my experience with Sta Bil, too. Went with Sea Foam as a replacement and, as you said, it worked.

So, I Ain't switchin' while it's still twitchin'. Whatever that means. It sounded good.

Anyway, I agree -- Sea Foam!

I use Seafoam and Startron and never any problems. I have used Sta Bil but it doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to do. I'll keep on using these two products because they work for me.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
have never used anything but seafoam.......as a gentle decarb, aggressive decarb , and a fuel stabilizer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've used Seafoam for several years now, never had a problem. I've used it as a general stabilizer and even poured a few ounces directly into the carb. of a GT I was flipping once. It was super cool.....lots of white smoke!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely agree on Seafoam!!

Been using it for 20+ years in ALL my engines. Once a month or so in the cars, but CONTINUOUSLY in the small engines. In fact, the last few years, I've PURPOSELY left half a tank of gas in my mower & snowblower. Mainly just to torture-test my own stuff! During the last use or two before putting them away, I've added a higher dose of Seafoam to the tanks. About a 1/4cup+ to a half-full mower or s/b tank. Let engine run for a couple minutes, then shut-'er off 'til the next season! Those engines HAVE ALWAYS started right away 6 months later!!

During the season, I add about a 1/4cup to the 1Gal gas-can.

My mower is a 2008 Toro Personal-Pace. Snowblower is a 1998 8hp/26"HUSKEE/MTD.
* I've avoided Ethanol like the PLAGUE in the small engines for many years.
* Very occasionally...I've used the E10 I sometimes use in the car, in the small engines. Always gets Seafoamed tho'!!
* When I took off my s/b carb this Dec. (1st time since new in Fall '97!!), the bowl did have a thin film of green in it. Waaaayy back in late 90's, I s'pose I was using Ethanol-blends more I think.
* All other parts/passages were very clean.
* Turns out, that THIN green-film WASN'T affecting my s/b!
* The throttle-shaft had been wearing into the BODY of the carb slightly. All the vibrations over nearly 20 years will do that! Excess air was coming in along that shaft, requiring some choke to stay running.

My whole point here:
* REGULAR Seafoam use kept my 1998 s/b running well...FUEL-Protection-wise!
* However, it can't stop PHYSICAL wear!

Faron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts