Snowblower Forum banner

Sealed The Deal

7K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Paulie139 
#1 ·
It's FINALLY done. I ended up striking a deal this morning on a brand new Ariens Platinum SHO Track 28 (Model 921052) with ADMAR Supply in Canandaigua NY - incredibly awesome folks there!

I've been all set to pull the trigger with SnowBlowersDirect.com but I kept digging and ADMAR came in $10.77 cheaper after all is said and done. And that even includes setup and delivery.

I've been to about 10 different Ariens dealers in the upstate NY area and no one wanted to move from the $2,099.00 retail price but they were willing to.

I'll get it paid for on November 17th and delivered soon thereafter.

Pictures to follow...stay tuned.

#4 ·
Good for you. I'll be curious on your experiences with the new machine. As you know through our communications, I have taken possession of the same model. I am curious as to how well it will do... I am optimistic.

Some concerns noted through the many thread topics here is the speed and the ability to turn this track model...

My thought on those two aspects: faster is not always better and if I need to take a little more extra time to get a good clear (as long as the throwing aspect is proficient) then I am OK with that. As far as the turning ability, well I have had to do that anyway with my current and past blowers. If this take a little more then I am also OK with this as well. I just want a quality, long lasting, quality snowblower that will work when it needs to and stop and break a shear bolt when it has to.

I am more concerned with the ability to toss snow and climb the slight incline of my gravel driveway. I think the ability to raise the auger housing is a major advantage over that new-fangled wheel track thingy model that Ariens has. Sure, it might be quicker, but I think there are other factors to consider over speed.

Paulie- keep us posted.

#7 ·
It was paid for today and I pick it up tomorrow morning. I want to thank everyone on SBF for their opinions, expertise and advice - it proved to be priceless! More pics to follow tomorrow.

#8 ·
When you get it home, let me know your impressions of the joystick action at the handle... mine feels so cheesy and weak.

#9 ·
When I stopped in today, I, of course, had to stop and “play a bit” and specifically remembered you saying that in another post and examined it with you in mind. I didn’t get the impression that the controls were flimsy. But I’ll definitely look at it closer tomorrow. Just so we’re on the same page, you’re referencing the chute control, deflector control or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
It's the left side control that when "rotating" the wrist it changes the chute rotation angle, not the up/ down of the top of chute.

The cheesy one has a slight forward action to unlock it to then rotate to change the chute angle.

#12 ·
Awesome... that looks like it will be fun to use

#13 ·
i heard that dealers can get in trouble if they try to sell their blowers less than the main company wants for them. they could lose their license.

however, i am sure you could give other incentives like break in oil change and inspection or something like 10% off first service , etc.

#14 ·
From what I saw, I'd have to say that may very well be true because I went to probably a dozen different dealers and no one was willing to move off the MSRP except this one.

Geez...I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble...

But the dealer's strategy worked because now I'm looking at buying a leaf blower and chain saw from them in the near future.

#18 ·
I'm not a business guy so I need some help understanding this. Why would a company such as Ariens or Stihl care about how much the dealer sells the product for? As long as the big company gets their dollar amount for wholesale price, any discount the dealer gives the customer should cut into the dealer's profit margin, correct? Or, is the entire profit margin for the dealer and main company not that simple and structured differently? The way it's set up seems to stifle competition a bit. The main company shouldn't be able to tell the dealer, "You're making $X in profit - period. No more, no less. It should be up to the dealer what he makes in profit.

It's obviously not like that so I know I'm missing something.

Anywhoo - I'm off to pick up the 921052 - be back later with more pics.

#24 · (Edited)
I haven't caught him chewing on it yet, as I was fearing I would. But I have caught him peeing on it marking it as "his own", no doubt.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time today. I had to put the snowblower in the driveway for a bit and noticed there he was, just sitting by it, as if to say....

#25 ·
Nice machine! I'm looking at getting a tracked model. The only thing I really like about it more than wheels is I think it will be better for End of driveway piles. I think the tracked machines would be harder to turn. Is that true? Never tried one. This new one you got doesn't come with auto turn does it? Is it hard to turn?

#27 ·
I think the tracked machines would be harder to turn. Is that true? This new one you got doesn't come with auto turn does it? Is it hard to turn?

Well, this is my very first snowblower & I knew from the get-go that I needed a tracked unit because of my very loose gravel driveway. That said, I didn't really look at or "test-drive" any wheeled machines to compare to.

This one does have auto-turn. With my loose surface, the friction coefficient probably isn't too high, so turning it isn't too bad. I can't do it one-handed, that's for sure. But it doesn't take everything I've got either. If that engine gave out though, I'd have a hefty workout scheduled for myself, no question. I'm sure a wheeled machine would be like night and day on a dry surface. Now, on a snow/ice surface where it's really meant to be, I'm expecting it will be considerably easier. That's one of the many things I'm anxious to find out.

I saw your post on the "Kraken" thread and from what I've seen, the Rapid-Tracks are the bees knees, providing the best of both worlds.

#26 ·
nice pic paul. wish my 2 great pyrenees would stop running the other way when i have to move the new toro out of the shed to get something out of the back of it. big big dogs that scare themselves when they pass their own wind or hear a bang like that earthquake 2 days ago .

#28 ·
I've had two St. Bernards in former lives - I know exactly what you're saying!

Did you get any damage from the quake? Last one we had here was due to the salt mine in the next county over collapsing. Leonz didn't work at that mine so there was no one there to spray Fluid Film all over the mine cavity so when it gave out, it wasn't a nice, slick and smooth collapse - it was all jagged.

:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.