Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a nice clean 70’s Ariens 5 hp snowblower to replace fathers stolen from his garage. He had a 922024 in beautiful shape and it was recently stolen. I have searched Facebook, Craigslist etc. within a 200 mile radius of Detroit area with no luck.

If anyone knows of one out there please let me know. I am sure looking in the dead of winter makes it harder but I am trying. My dad does not want a new “aluminum” one as he calls them. I am going to make calls to my local lawn and garden shops tomorrow as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not in your area...but imho 22k series with 5hp are hard to find no matter what area one lives in. Just for fun I've searched CL from Nebraska to Massachusetts and for every 50 or so 10k's/24k's there might be a single 22k and it'll most times be the 4hp version. I've searched the Detroit Metro CL for Ariens a few times this year. Don't remember any other than 4hp versions (there's one there today for $100).

That's the reason I snapped up a couple 4hp 922002's in great fixer upper shape. Maybe some day I'll luck into a 5hp engine (like an HS50 or HSSK50) with the correct 3/4" x 2-3/8" with 1/2" pto shaft that'll work on them. Those are hard to find, too. Otherwise I've gotten mine to run as well as I can and have pretty much decided to keep them regardless given most parts are interchangeable with my 922008.

I like the 22k's...smaller, easier to move around, easy to work on. And they're fine as main blowers here in eastern Iowa given how much snow we usually get.

There is a 5hp 22k for sale right here in Cedar Rapids for $175. Decent shape...if it was $50 lower I'd buy it tomorrow if the engine checked out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in your area...but imho 22k series with 5hp are hard to find no matter what area one lives in. Just for fun I've searched CL from Nebraska to Massachusetts and for every 50 or so 10k's/24k's there might be a single 22k and it'll most times be the 4hp version. I've searched the Detroit Metro CL for Ariens a few times this year. Don't remember any other than 4hp versions (there's one there today for $100).

That's the reason I snapped up a couple 4hp 922002's in great fixer upper shape. Maybe some day I'll luck into a 5hp engine (like an HS50 or HSSK50) with the correct 3/4" x 2-3/8" with 1/2" pto shaft that'll work on them. Those are hard to find, too. Otherwise I've gotten mine to run as well as I can and have pretty much decided to keep them regardless given most parts are interchangeable with my 922008.

I like the 22k's...smaller, easier to move around, easy to work on. And they're fine as main blowers here in eastern Iowa given how much snow we usually get.

There is a 5hp 22k for sale right here in Cedar Rapids for $175. Decent shape...if it was $50 lower I'd buy it tomorrow if the engine checked out.
Thank you for the response. Hoping the spring post winter brings better luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,821 Posts
You have a good title so you just need to remember to come back and bump this every couple weeks as the more eyes looking the better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are out there, this is one in Bunker Hill, WV. That's a bit of a hike for you though, probably cheaper to buy a new one.

Thank you for looking. My dad i found out through research actually had a 922020 with the 924020. He really lied the white and Orange colors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does it have to be Ariens. Plenty of smaller Toros and Craftsman on craigslist and facebook market.Just a thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts