Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to fix my small engines myself. I have an old Sears Craftsman snowblower 3/20 model # 536-884351. It doesn't start. I tried replacing the spark plug and putting new gas in, but it still won't start. I figured maybe it's the carburetor so, I have taken it apart somewhat. I still don't know how to get to the carburetor without taking the whole thing apart!

I did post this message before and I appreciate the advice, but I took off the top cover and still can't get to it.

So, do I have to remove the back piece also?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Just go slow, be very observant to what piece, bolt is holding what cover that you need to remove to get at the carburetor. On a lot its easier to pull the exhaust as well, gives you plenty of room. Whatever it takes to make your repair easier.

Take lots of photos, and even right down things like linkage holes, etc, if it helps. You will find that information helpful if you need it on reassembly.

Many replacement carburetors are only 12 - 15.00. At that price, not even worth pulling the old one apart, just replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts