1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Harley Davidson Nighttrain - 2016 Honda Pilot
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
IMG_1533.JPG

The auger bushings on both sides of the front scoop have failed (spheres with brass bushing and a zerk). This is what they look like below. Seeing as I cannot locate a manual for this model, can anyone tell me the part number? I've seen Toro bushings that look just like these but hard to say of they are the same. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Welcome to SBF Mr.Gazoo. Since you didn't post the full model number, you will have to look up the parts yourself, from here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Others have tried and apparently it doesn't exist on the Sears Parts Finder. Was hoping someone would recognize the part and/or tell me if its a universal part. See model below.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And thats likely because its a really old model...late seventies maybe?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw those as well. The Sno-Thro doesn't say the shaft size but the Craftsman ones on Ebay are likely them. Last night I did some investigating and I found these universal parts which should work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
what size is your auger shaft?

you could probably get something else to work if its the same diameter hole.....

you would need to drill new mounting holes is all.....a few examples......

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
That part looks like a B&S part I bought in the past. You can also consider converting to roller bearings, I've done that on a few machines and I put a thread out on the forum explaining how I did it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what size is your auger shaft?

you could probably get something else to work if its the same diameter hole.....

you would need to drill new mounting holes is all.....a few examples......

Its a 1 inch auger shaft.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also found out the Craftsman model was made by Roper for Sears....Found the Roper Manual too.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toro bearing 20-0980 would replace this it would not have the grease zerk it's likely the zerk is there to keep the bearing from spinning. The housing is filled with oil from the manufacturer. I can check the OD of one tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toro bearing 20-0980 would replace this it would not have the grease zerk it's likely the zerk is there to keep the bearing from spinning. The housing is filled with oil from the manufacturer. I can check the OD of one tomorrow.
Thanks! If the shaft size is 1 inch then it would likely fit. I ordered these the other day - these too should work. The flanges appear to be the exact same thing. I measured my OEM flanges and compared to these and it seems to be the same.

Will update once I have them in hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts