Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 27" Sears/Husqvarna blower that uses a cable attached to the chute that lets me direct the snow from left to right. The problem is that there is no adjustment to keep the shoot in the from moving back and forth. When I aim the chute it can spread the snow from left to right by about a foot. There is no turnbuckle to snug this up.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
You may have to look under the dash and see if there is a possibility to tighten the lever. Shy of that, you may have to remove the lever mechanism, and add a shim(thin washer).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Do you have a pic? I didnt know sears and Husqvarna were in the mix together?
Husqvarna did make some models for Sears. Usually the nicer ones. I have a
Husqvarna so I might be able to help. If you could post a pick or the Sears model number so we could look at an IPL that would be good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a identical Poulan Pro 30" with those controls. There are notches in the plate under the dashboard that the locking mechanism will catch in and hold the chute in place. It sounds like yours is either not catching or is misadjusted. Sometimes I needed to pull up on the stick to get it to lock into one of the 9 positions, so that's a possibility too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No the handle locks in firmly, but I still have about 3" play from side to side at the chute. My manual does not have a turnbuckle for adjustment on the cable but a similar blower does that I found at the Sears sight. It is definitely a Husqvarna blower except for the colour. There must be someway to take up the slack?
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/150339/Sears-944-529571.html#manual

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you don't have the cable with the turnbuckle it may have been replaced. However even the cable with the turnbuckle would not take up 3" slack.
Take a look at your pulley where the cable attaches at the chute and see if you
you can see if the cable overlaps itself. Take a look at my photo. If the cable
was installed and not done correctly that could account for some of the slack.
If you end up replacing the cable the part with the turnbuckle is Sears 428273.
The Husqvarna part is 532428273.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Zavie. I'll have to check it out this weekend. I did tighten down the nut on the top where the wire wraps around but it is still loose. Maybe a couple of washer will help as well. Seems like the nut is wearing down into the plastic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I see in the centre photo appears to be very similar to what the newest Husky models have and I can tighten up the play in my chute and have, just by turning the nut arrangement on the right side of the picture out from the centre portion of the adjustment combination - taking up the free play in the cable.
Also the newer ones have 2 such cables and adjuster mechanisms (I assume yours may as well) and tightening them both outward or apart, took up all of the slack in my chute's motion both ways and it now only moves 1/2" or so at best..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yep, mine is a 924HVX. Last years, and the last year for that model-style. I never had to adjust mine as it worked great from the factory. I love the quick and accurate motion, I can get going so much faster after turning. My neighbor with his Snapper is still turning on his lever and I'm almost done with my pass and ready to turn again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope. That turnbuckle is nonexistent on mine. Even the original manual, that I have, does not show any adjustment. There must have been a design change because Husqvarna realized their mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts