Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son ran the tank dry and when he refilled, something got to the carb eventhough there is a screen in the tank. I can see some crap in there.

Quest. 1 - Instead of removing the tank ( slight pain - honda), is there another way of getting out the fine particles that I can see next to the screen that happened to find my carb. If it has settled to the bottom of the tank and I can see it in one place, draining the tank and sucking it up some how?

Quest. 2 - If I should really remove the tank (probably should), what do you guys usually flush the tank with once removed to ensure it's clean? Isn't there a chance that I would be re-distributing some of the particles to other areas of the tank that I assumed I got with the flush but later found out I didn't?

thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I always remove the tank. I dump out the gas and flush the tank with water. If possible remove any fittings. I don’t know what the Honda tank is like but if you can remove the in tank filter do so and clean it.

Let the tank dry thoroughly (I use compressed air to help dry it). You should be able to see inside with a flashlight and a small mirror to see if it is clean.

You also may want to consider installing an in line filter between the tank and the carb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks for your help. The blower is up and running again for now but I'll take the tank off this weekend and flush as you suggested since we don't have much snow in the forecast.

thanks again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have worked on a couple of Honda's all had a fine screen in the tank, a little nylon tube a fair. They all had brown crud that was easily cleaned soaking in acetone. The screen to me is worth maybe 50 cents but the dealers go for the gold as with all Honda parts!

·
Registered
93 Posts
most Honda lawn mowers have a sediment trap.......comes out of the fuel tank......haven't done a Honda snowblower yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts