Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi , I'll be selling some of my blowers that I went through,... all running and working fine. ... I will be starting with a Craftsman 5.5 / 24, and 2 Ariens 924 series... A 5 / 24 and an 8 / 24 .... I'll take some photos and post here later today ... They will be selling for 225.00 each ... This is basically recouping parts money, along with a couple dollars for my time.

I live in central CT if interested .... Ill be posting them on Craigslist, but figured I would start here, to give someone here a chance to grab one first.

I just have too many, and need the space back in my shop, and want them to get used.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
wow. looks like some good work. how often do you see used snowblowers for sale on craigslist where all the work has been done and are ready to work.

practically never and that is what I mention in my ads.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow, that old ariens is sharp. Cut my teeth with my father's 1973 ariens, nothing could stop it. Sold it for something much easier to start about 1 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Nice clean machines, and for once you would know what you are getting when you buy a used machine. Great price, especially for the Ariens machines.
My choice would be the creamsicle in the middle:love:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
i can't blame you for wanting to sell the craftsman.i always like how large the impeller is on those machine but always wonder if that stupid rectangle impeller output limits how much snow that impeller can move. i got a noma with the same silly thing. i was considering trying to weld a larger output onto it but like you i really don't need another snowblower so no point modding something and then trying to sell it.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
out here on west coast I have never seen so much interest in used snowblowers as I have seen this summer and late summer.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update ... I sold the Ariens 5/24 for 250.00

I still have at this time the Craftsman 5.5/24 and the Ariens 8/24 , the 924 series.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I give you a thumb up for good restorations and not making a lot from them. I understand that everyone need to make a living, but there are people who don't do much, but ask a lot. They also have bad tastes in their mouths when things don't go well.

I saw you post pictures of your snowblowers a lot, and have always wonder why you keep so many snowblowers around. They were old school, but seemed to be in good shapes and would be a good buy for the next owner.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Dman,

Now that I am retired, its a great hobby, and I totally enjoy the tear down, repair, and repaint aspect to get these older machines back in running condition. I dont pay for these, all come to me free in one manner or another. I like to put them through there paces in the snow as well ....

I also repair my family's small equipment. It is now time to sell off some of the blowers ..... I will always keep what was my fathers, the nice Yardman 7100, 26 inch, which I take out for the big snow. ... I will always keep the one my wife used when she was alive, a 10000 series, which I totally dismantled and restored. I also have another 10000 I put a Predator on (I really like the 10000 series Ariens). LOL, ... Then this year, a 10HP craftsman followed me home for free, with a seized engine which I carefully freed up and it now runs great, no damage at all, ... and I went through that and got it in really nice shape, lol, including replacing the crap reg. spotlight with a nice Par36 LED bulb, first ever blower I had with a spotlight. Ill be putting that through its paces this winter. That will leave me with 4 blowers, selling off the other 4 I refurbished.

I don't sell them for any serious money, just recoup for parts, and a couple bucks for me for future parts, tools, etc.....

Just this week, I sold a nice 521 Bolens and 2 of the 924 series Ariens, and expect to have the nice 5.5HP Craftsman sold this coming week. That gives me some nice room in my shop again, lol, probably for the ones that follow me home in the future ... hehehhhhe

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
thats awesome that you awesome that you are getting all your machines sold off so quick. i got to finish up a couple things on some of the machines i got then hopefully i will get them sold also. it is definitely nice to have the space back when you get things sold off even tho you usually fill the space with something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts