Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud owner of a new Ariens 28 Deluxe! It came in a box from HD though, and needs some setting up.

Going through the Assembly section of the manual, it recommends a bunch of adjustments beyond bolting together the handle and shift rod and attaching the chute -- adjusting the speed selector, taking off the belt cover and adjusting the clutch/brake, taking off the bottom cover to check some clearances, etc.

I'm mechanically inclined enough to be fine with doing these things. I just want to check to make sure I should actually do them -- unlike in the setup videos I've seen where it's basically "bolt on the handles and chute, check oil, gas, and go".

Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I bought my Ariens from HD it was already assembled. And I went through the manual like you mentioned and did the "assembly" process all over again.

I didnt take everything off and put it back on, but I checked all of the adjustments, bolts, etc.

I personally would do it if I were you. I did it mostly because I dont trust HD, but it was also nice finding the nuances in the manual (i.e. there is a hole and a slot for the idler pulley arm....you are supposed to change to the slot after a certain amount of use, at least on my 926LE)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't yet found any nuances in the manual, but I'm going through the process. I took off the belt cover to verify the attachment lever operation and I found two little splinters of wood in there. Maybe from the factory or something. I'm glad I opened it up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts