Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
I was at Lowe's a day or two ago and noticed a handful of new snow throwers sitting out front. Was a mix of TORO and Ariens. Maybe leftovers from last year?
Not sure about that but the new inventory the Honda dealers (3) have around here are all left over from last year. they told me that it may be 2 years or longer before they receive more new machines. They just can't say for sure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The online vendors seem to have 90% plus of their offer on back-order…. Except for Husqvarna brand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I visited several dealers over the past few weeks looking for a new machine. The Ariens dealer said he received only half of his order he placed last winter and most were pre-sold before he received them. He was pretty bummed out as he only got about 20 blowers and most were not his first choices. He was also concerned about parts shortages he was told to expect. The Toro dealer I visited had no new machines yet and he was also concerned. His only suggestion was to order directly from Toro and list him as the dealer for assembly and delivery. He didn't know how quickly Toro was fulfilling orders. The Home Depot's in my area have some Troy-Bilt 2 stage machines, a few bigger Cub Cadets, and a few Toro single stage throwers. Lowes surprisingly had the best selection with numerous Ariens models and a slew of Craftsman one and two stage machines. My local Ace Hardware hadn't received any machines yet either and didn't know when they would get them. They usually carry Toro and a few Craftsman models.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
A year ago, Lowes in Scarborough, Maine had over 200 machines out front. I was there yesterday and they had only nine 2-stage gas blowers.
yup the shortage is real. I'm selling Used blowers as fast as I can build them. some are purchased before even done.

never have seen it this crazy.maybe my last year.
going to retire to Hawaii

Attachments

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Man, I sure hope my machines don't have problems! :) Based on used tractor availability & pricing around here (never mind new availability), it looks like this isn't the best time to be buying, if you can avoid it.

I don't have any to sell, but that's fine by me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I went in to Lowes a few days ago to purchase the Ariens, they had a handful on display and they didn't have many more beyond the display models. I decided I'd better not wait since I needed a new blower, and I'm guessing they'll have trouble stocking them this winter given how things have been since the COVID mess started...

Usually this time of year the stores put out a huge number of snow blowers and other winter tools in front of their buildings... not much out front right now...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts