Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Figured I'd grab my first snowblower this year and settled on the Toro 824 qxe. I've been waiting for stock to show up at Home Depot but so far nothing. However, the 724 qxe is in stock but that number is dwindling online. I'm beginning to think that the 824 is possibly a victim of all this supply chain nonsense so now I'm moving towards plan B, and grabbing the 724 qxe as my second choice.

My two local HD's have just a few (3-4) blowers in stock. This being around Allentown, PA

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
My blowers are selling real quick this year .... I understand there just may be something to this supply shortage, as well as I am hearing it is going to be a very white winter this year ... ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Went to the local Toro dealer to replace my old grass trimmer (it game me troubles once too many) and there are currently many Toro snowblowers on display. @Honda1132 I'm with you, last year we had multiple small ones, we're due for some big ones :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was in my local Ariens dealer, and all the machines on the floor (12ish) had paid / receipts taped to them as if they had all been sold. They may have more, but it certainly seems like after last winter in NJ, more people are buying them than usual.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put an hourmeter on the snowblower in January 2020, I think I've put 10 hours on since then - that's light for a season and a half.
What type of meter did you get and from where if you don't mind me asking . That's a good way to keep a record of use.

·
Registered
694 Posts
What type of meter did you get and from where if you don't mind me asking . That's a good way to keep a record of use.
They were ones that Princess Auto had on sale through there surplus department in December 2020. Not sure the brand, I'll snap a photo when J am down in the garage. They were on sale for 4.99

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I have these type of tachometer/hour meter units installed on my 3 Ariens snow blowers, they are simple to install and work very well.

I bought mine on Amazon.ca for under $20 CAD each, battery is replaceable and is supposed to last 3 years or so.

Communication Device Measuring instrument Gadget Audio equipment Gas
Measuring instrument Gadget Audio equipment Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Cali .....no more gas powered OPE after 1/2024.

we have a member in my FB group that converted a 928 to electric up here in Sierra mountains. I went to see and it was quite impressive. It was actually stronger than a gas powered GX270.
The battery was a major expense.

I can see Honda doing this someday making it cost effective with bulk buying of parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aaaaaand stuck on a container which I don't really understand why the shortage of workers. Those jobs pay big $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s
There is a Honda shortage in Nova Scotia. My dealer said he received only 30% of the units he ordered and he doesn’t expect to get any others for the season. He received two of the 1132 models, of course already sold. I am one of the lucky buyers, I ordered with a deposit back in July. He congratulated me on being pro-active and I‘ll pick mine up in a few days and as soon as the dealer prepped it. Yeeh! Not quite snowblower but Honda related, I was in the market for a Honda 216 commercial-grade lawnmower, and everyone was out. I made one last call to one dealer who had one in stock! He said he had ordered one unit for his shop, and it arrived late in the season and by miracle noone had yet put a deposit. Finally, I bought a Honda FRC 800 rototiller this year, also by pre-order. Who knows when those units get back to market.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like you are a dedicated Honda owner Claude, we have other Honda owners on here too so keep looking in with comments and tales of your Honda blower ! (y) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you are a dedicated Honda owner Claude, we have other Honda owners on here too so keep looking in with comments and tales of your Honda blower ! (y) :)
When you get to a certain age, live in the countryside with a long driveway and acreage, and can afford it, you get the best that money can buy. And when you read enough small engine forums, the best is Honda. That and non-ethanol gas and Mobile 1 synthetic oil, means freedom from worry.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
When you get to a certain age, live in the countryside with a long driveway and acreage, and can afford it, you get the best that money can buy. And when you read enough small engine forums, the best is Honda. That and non-ethanol gas and Mobile 1 synthetic oil, means freedom from worry.
I'm not an expert on oil but have read that you should break in the engine with regular oil ( not addressed to you , just for everyone's else's info ) first before using synthetic. Not sure on break in periods. 20 hours? In these cases I follow the manufacturers suggestions to a T.

Some people try to save a buck or 2 and bypass the dealer and buy a new Honda from an outside source and then forget to put oil in the crankcase and seize the engine.
Have seen that happen a couple times around here. when the owner tried to save sales tax money by buying and shipping in from another state.

have to edit every post to be pc.....

41 - 60 of 61 Posts