Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
He is busting your chops .......

In Canada, ...... you have to make a decision as to what is wrong with it, your ability to perform the repairs, the availability of parts, and if it is worth it to you.

I get those machines for free here in Connecticut.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
No I meant be patient and get one stored inside that does not have problems for a little more. There was a 4 year old deluxe 28 ariens that sold for 275 near me you just keep browsing and be patient.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I was just kidding Snoopy, I know you have no intention of selling that gem of a machine.

You are bang on about being patient and buying a well cared for machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Patience is a virtue especially in winter and early bird gets the worm. I saw a 7 hp Honda sell for 225 within hours 2 weeks ago just missed it

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m an anxious guy I got the ok from the landscape materials place to try it out this weekend on topsoil piles and shredded mulch. I’m staying away from even smaller stones. My current blower is a 5 hp single stage Honda. I’ve never changed or added oil in almost 20 years. I treat my JD garden tractor good though

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just missed out on a free Toro Powershift 1332 in nice shape on Friday, it just needed a new impeller bearing. I was first, but unfortunately I broke down on the way to get it. I was 6 miles away. Sucks, but thats how it goes, cant win them all. Now I have a differential to repair. The inner bearing blew out on me. Parts are on the way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just for refernce for the intial post and my knowledge what is labor rate at a repair shop on so many ads when it runs rough or runs but needs work? 90 bucks an hour? A new carb will cost ya what 150-200? Replace belts or the disc?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here, it is(for the shop we alway go to) probably 50 dollar per hour, even if youy machine was only there for 45 min, + there is part that need to sometime be ordered, and Snoopy, why would I buy a new carb when I can have a 10 hp engine for the same price or even less, I got an updraft carb for 80 bucks, and it would work on that particular model too

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
if your paying a shop to repair stuff for you then you should probably pass and just buy new. i really don't see you buying too many good 10hp engines for $20 but good deals to pop up occasionally but then again most of them good deals still usually require a $20 carb kit. i kind of understand why more people are willing to just throw a carb at things for $20-30 instead of messing with things. most of the newer carbs are such a pain to get working right because of tight emissions standards. i was tired of messing with the one on my neighbors ariens snowblower and paid the $35 for a new one. his machine sounded so much better afterwords. i don't think his machine had ever run this good even when new. i know someone else with an ariens machine who may be getting the same thing done next winter because i am done with that carb also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts