Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Toro 826OE which has the 26" clearing width and 250cc engine which are the two priority considerations I am looking for as well as a quality machine which I intend on using for the next 20 years.

This will replace my 70's vintage Gilson 10hp which still runs but I will keep as a spare just in case, you never know when you'll need it. Is this Toro snowblower a quality machine or are there any issues I need to know about it before I take the plunge and buy it? Thanks all.

P.S. Average amounts are 5"-12" per snowfall (almost forgot to include that).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Snowblowers Direct has a large supply of reviews to check out on most machines. They don't seem to edit them so you can get some good feedback if they have offered the model you are interested in. The reviews are on either the right side of the home page or you can catch them through a link at the bottom of the page. Hope that helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is this a new or used? Didn't see that model on Toro's site, but did see this one...
Power Max® 826 OXE (38624W)
MSRP: $1,399.95 USD

Will you be using this on a gravel drive? or asphalt/concrete? If on a gravel drive, then a plastic chute might be a better option since it won't chip out over the years from the gravel it may pick up, plus Toro claims to have a heavy-duty gearbox and use heavy grade bolts in place of sheer bolts/pins.

I think overall Toro's a good brand and should live up to their reputation. I considered a Toro, however there was just too much plastic for my taste. I ended up with an Ariens and so far am very pleased with it. Have you considered other brands? Any set budget?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought a 726 as many know out here on Long Island we got hammered this year, the 726 turned out to be over kill I bet the 826 will be even more so. The 726 eats a foot+ of snow and chucks it about 30 feet, the auger does a very good job on pack and ice. Got mine locally for $995.

Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know everyone likes to talk about how much better the older equipment is. Well in teh case of Toro, I doubt I will ever buy another brand. I have one that is about 30 years old. I purchased it new when in 7th grade.

In those 30 years I have replaced two belts, the gear case oil 3 times, and the oil. Besdies that nothin - absolutely nothin!

Toro5hpSnowBlower.mp4 video by lawnguy - Photobucket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts