1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Geno's comes to mind. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but dang Geno, that's a work of art! Great engineering & execution. I've always drooled over the twins, but I don't think they would fit on a 24" (I have space limitations). So I'll just have to live vicariously through yours. All we need now is a video of it in action!

Maybe Ariens will take note & buy it from you to put in their front office showroom. (better than having a custom chopper made)

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks guys on the nice compliments.. It cuts through snow with ease. One-pull start and the old Honda comes to life. I don't know when/if video will happen this year- suppose to be in mid 50's Tuesday. Wife is fighting Cancer so She can't be outdoors and so little snow, so getting a video isn't easy. But if ever we get a storm.. P.S. I don't think Ariens would care much for one of their machines being 'altered' like that. I'm sure the Honda on there wouldn't sit well. But then again aren't the new ones powered by foreign made engines? ( I don't really know)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Wife is fighting Cancer so She can't be outdoors and so little snow, so getting a video isn't easy.
God Bless and prayers to you and your wife Geno. My wife had uterine cancer 25 years ago and with excellent doctors and the grace of God, she is still here and cancer free. I pray that the new treatments and a better understanding of the disease will help her overcome her battle.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Wife is fighting Cancer ( I don't really know)
Sorry to hear this, Geno. She and you both wil be in my prayers. I have lots of friends who have beaten it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Joe- appreciate the Prayers. She has fought it for 12 years.. Beat every re-occurrence, but now Multiple brain tumors. She is hanging in there and has shown some improvement. I've never put God in a box as His limits are infinite as well as his Love, He has proven that in my Life more than once.. So it is in his hands.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I don't know if these would qualify as "custom" and I'm certainly not in the same league as Geno or Shaw 351....but here are pics of my "old faithful" a 1981 824 with a 1998 or so Chondra, tall chute, impeller kit...and my ST 12 36 with narrowed axles, 24 inch 1976 bucket , tall chute and impeller kit with a 3.5 inch overdrive impeller pulley...a hot rod for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 8/22 Snapper. LED Light and power chute powered with an 18v Milwaukee battery. 30” chute, homemade impeller mod, 3.14” drive pulley (up from 2.5”), and a 35lb counterweight. About the only thing left I want to do is put on a tach and hour meter on it and a build some kind of lock for the blower handle so I can operate the machine and rotate the chute at the same time. Eventually I would like to strip it down to the bucket, re-bearing/bushing the whole thing and paint it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts