Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just joined the forum and thought I'd show some that I repaired and since sold. I do it in my spare time which I have a lot of now (retired). Hope to talk to you guys..
IMG_20200616_071802.jpg
IMG_20200209_112635.jpg
IMG_20200119_085225.jpg
IMG_20191129_101014.jpg
IMG_20191129_101610.jpg

That's a few . Got a few more waiting in the wings.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
wow. very nice work. they all look new. I do the same thing . keeps me outta the bahhhhhs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. But I'm pretty particular what I bring home. Only buy ones that I'd like to use. And they gotta work and look good for resale. And I only buy ones with electric start. I'll be darn if I buy one that's been sitting around forever and pull my balls off trying to get it running... Most work always seems to be carburetion..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
:):D;) ... Your in great company here, myself and others repair and restore blowers as well ...

I'm up to 8, its truly a disease ...lol

I just dismantled a 60 era's Ariens Tiller, and rebuilding it, not that I need one, but I enjoy the process.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:):D;) ... Your in great company here, myself and others repair and restore blowers as well ...

I'm up to 8, its truly a disease ...lol

I just dismantled a 60 era's Ariens Tiller, and rebuilding it, not that I need one, but I enjoy the process.....

View attachment 167865 View attachment 167866 View attachment 167867
Here's one that I had probably 15 years or more that you may appreciate.....no longer have it though. One of few that I never ,never could plug up..
IMG_20191129_101919.jpg
Little Ariens,,, 4hp Tecumseh, 20". Great machine ..

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
Here's one that I had probably 15 years or more that you may appreciate.....no longer have it though. One of few that I never ,never could plug up..
View attachment 167868
Little Ariens,,, 4hp Tecumseh, 20". Great machine ..
The way they look you must get top dollar. I've found out that the best months to sell are august and september when smart people are looking. and they are willing to pay for quality.

of course during recent snowstorms are another good time. sold 5 in last 5 weeks. very unusual. last winter wasnt very good because lack of snow. sold a bunch in aug/sept. then cv hit in March so people were afraid to come over even during the storms we had.

so had a surplus. decided to start early this year and so far paying off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way they look you must get top dollar. I've found out that the best months to sell are august and september when smart people are looking. and they are willing to pay for quality.

of course during recent snowstorms are another good time. sold 5 in last 5 weeks. very unusual. last winter wasnt very good because lack of snow. sold a bunch in aug/sept. then cv hit in March so people were afraid to come over even during the storms we had.

so had a surplus. decided to start early this year and so far paying off.
Honestly I try to keep them in $150-$300 range. Again I'm choosy what I buy and try to buy cheap. And they're out there. The ones in the 4-$700 range seem to sit a long time in the for sale section. Plus people just don't have that kind of money laying around. You'd be suprised how many people just dont use them anymore or want to fix them or to make room. Just got to keep an eye open.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Oneacer, ( Jaws music) Your going to need a bigger shed. :)
In first picture the second or third machine from the shed, the red one Is that a Snow Bird?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
this thread is making me realise how much trouble I am in LOL Recently moved and now have a attached garage (really nice to just walk out there to work) but my last garage was a seperate building about twice the size (My new garage is now over filled) So now I need to sell off what I have and be very selective on any I buy as I don't have the room I used to.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
@Big Ed,

Yes, that is a Yardman 7100, circa 1970 ... was my fathers, and I rebuilt it many years ago ... That is the one I take out for the big storms, its a monster and throws the snow well into the yard.

Since the above photo, I painted the augers black and put on XTrac tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's another I've bought recently and have ready for sale. Of course snow on the ground would help.. No matter it will go come winter..😉 Had one identical to it last winter.
IMG_20200725_090524.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts