Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a personal dislike concerning snow blower operation.

Never was too happy with the way snow blowers operate. I don’t like having the auger stop every time I release the drive lever (unless I re-grip the auger lever). I know this is a safety design so you can’t go to the front of the machine and dive into the spinning auger (not likely as I can think of faster less painful ways to leave this cruel world).

My problem is there are times I want to stop the machine drive to change speeds or adjust the chute controls, and I don’t want to stop the auger or re-grip the auger control. Also I think it is easier on the machine if you are not starting and stopping the auger all the time.

I cut a small piece of 1-1/2 PVC and simply slip it over the handle and depressed auger lever. Fits snug but is easy to remove. This works well for me.

I am not advocating anyone else do this. This is for my personal use and if my wife wanted to use the blower I would not let her use the workaround.

Photo below…

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I know that feeling. When I first picked up my 1977 Ariens I wasn't sure how I would like the engage and disengage lever. It works much like the speed selector where one position is on and one position is off. After using it a few times I think it is great.

Hey, you could always get one of the blowers from the 60s and you don't have to hold either handle down :)
Some of the pictures of those older ones had what looked something like a keyring or clickpin that snapped down and help the handle down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is especially nice when blowing heavy slush which usually clogs in the chute if you stop without letting it clear, thanks for the tip!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts