Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model 1695822
Serial 2014639210

The electric chute deflector doesn't work. I'm told that at some point it was intermittent. But now it does not work at all. I did some basics but don't know what the next move is.

I put 12V directly to the motor and it works fine. There are two wires going to the motor. I disconnected the connector and put my multimeter on it. When I actuate the switch, the circuit closes and I get 0 ohms.

I removed the switch and connected it to the other harness for the motor that moves the chute left and right. It works perfectly.

So the switch is good and the motor is good. Maybe some sort of relay?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The switch usually goes bad. By removing the switch and physically disturbing it,moving it around, the contacts made contact again and it worked.
Try replacing the switch first, all of them had problems and they came out with an improved updated switch because of that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to think that's right because it seems like the easiest fix. Just to be sure, I'll try the opposite, taking the known good switch and trying it on the other side (I should have done that first...my apologies)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both switches work fine when connected to the chute rotating plug but neither work when connected to the deflector wiring.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You could have a broken wire right at the terminal connector where it connects to the little metal piece that you might not be able to see, that does happen with the wire harness connectors. Then you would need the harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts