Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
1972 simpilicty snow away repower with a Honda gx200 6.5 hp
Nice job !!!
A couple of those available in the Denver area, but I have not talked to anyone with first hand experience with them.

Are they friction drive ?

How long have you had it before the repower ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice Job! I like it.

The Honda looks real good on the orange Simplicity.

If the Tecumseh on mine ever gives up the ghost, I may just have to consider that.

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
russkat the snow-away has gear drive. I have the machine since 1988. This thing is 43 years old and still works great. The original briggs stills run good but leaks gas and uses oil. This forum helped my decide to repower it, glad I did.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nice Job - you would be hard pressed to find a better engine for that one.....

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
that does look nice....thumbs up !!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the same machine here for repowering. I was going to shoehorn an HM-100 on, but maybe I will follow in your foot steps. I have a few GX200 and 240's here. Are the crankshafts metric? Did you bore the stock Simplicity pulley? I would like to speed up the impeller a bit...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys it was a challenge to repower an old machine. I first bought a 8 hp predator for the repower. It had the right height and size shaft 1" as the briggs. But the valve cover hit the handle bars. Then a friend offered a Honda gx200 off a broken pressure washer to try. Then the fun started. The shaft is 3/4" so we needed a sleeve to use the 1" pulleys. E-bay yahoo, Then had to raise the engine 1" Briggs makes spacers, cool. Drill the frame and mount!! Works !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts