Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying the offseason.
I have a friend moving down south and he's getting rid of his Simplicity I924E, I've seen it in person and it is in very nice shape, unfortunately I don't have pix.
Here's my quandary, he wants to sell it but I can't think of a price to offer him. He bought it last year used for $350, what is a fair offer? I do not need another snow blower but I have difficulty saying no to equipment [I just can't help myself]. I am thinking $150 would be a fair offer, any thoughts?
It is a smaller, 5 hp [I think] unit that would be nice for lighter snowfalls thereby sparing my vintage HS50 the workload. I have a large Ariens ST11528LE for the big stuff and I love it.
Is the I924E a decent machine, I know nothing of Simplicity and do not have the serial number to do a search. Again, any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Font Rectangle Brand Machine Advertising

If this is what it is, that would be a no brainer for 150.00 .... if you did not like it, you could resell for more than double your investment ....

LOL .... I just picked up this Ariens Sno-Tek for 35.00 ..hardly ever used, in great shape, just needed to clean the fuel system and change oil and made a muffler cover. A keeper for me for at least this season.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Unfortunately, those Sno-Joe tools from HD for 5.99 with free shipping are all gone ... glad I got ten of them .... I'll keep looking ..... I did see them for 9.99 on eBay with free shipping ......

Nice score ... well worth the 150.00 .... always more than double your money if the need arises ...

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't really given it a going over yet, too hot to do so currently, but plan to shortly. Found the manuals for the machine and the motor so that's good. First impressions are good and this one, seems well made. Size-wise fits right between the Ariens 11528 and the Honda HS50 I currently own so I may need to hang on to it.
Three blowers is nowhere near too many...

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Papa Blower, Mama Blower and Baby Blower .... A good family ....

Lol, I have multiple families ........ :)
Mine seems to change over the years but is steadily growing as I find equipment that I like and end up keeping. The last two purchases were "to flip" but ended up keeping the first one and am planning on keeping this one... until I find another one that I like more...

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took a look around the auger this morning. Greased the flights and installed the correct shear bolts.
Found that the auger gear box oil filler bolt is stripped. Hmmm. I used some Teflon tape to get it as snug as possible. I do not want to replace the gearbox to correct this issue. Despite that the auger flights and fan look almost new. Once it cools off a little I’ll bring it outside and tear down the engine a little and check the spark plug, hopefully no more surprises.

Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After further contemplation I have decided to move on from the Simplicity blower. A number of factors play in to this decision, none of which are related to the machine itself. It really boils down to real estate and reality. I don’t need another blower (I know, I know) and it is taking up space where I could keep the next project, whatever that may be.
So I am going to list it on Craigslist some time in November, but if there is a member of the forum who is interested I would let it go for $300-$350, which I believe is a fair price (?). When I list it on Craigslist the price will be based on current market value, just want to recoup investment and a little something for the labor. In any case I am going to change the oil, grease up the wheel hubs/axle, and adjust the scraper bar/skids. I purchased a new chute tool ($31), extra shear pins, and have digital copies of the Simplicity owner manuals, Simplicity parts manual, and the B&S motor manual.
You can PM me on this site, I’m in Western Connecticut, you will have to pick it up. I’ll post some more pix this afternoon when I’m done with the maintenance.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Boy, don't I know what you mean ... I moved 13 units that are all done up to my garage by the house in preparation for sale .... Nice to have some room back in my shop.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I “sold” the Simplicity to my wife’s nephew, he and his wife recently bought their first house a couple towns over, it is my housewarming gift to them.
Now I get to look for the next project…

·
Registered
1981 Canadian tire “mastercraft” made by MTD with tecumseh engine HM-80 1155334N
146 Posts
Unfortunately, those Sno-Joe tools from HD for 5.99 with free shipping are all gone ... glad I got ten of them .... I'll keep looking ..... I did see them for 9.99 on eBay with free shipping ......

Nice score ... well worth the 150.00 .... always more than double your money if the need arises ...
whats a,sno-joe tool? I,have,no.idea, but I think I want one

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Careful with that 6.99 one from eBay, as it is a refurbished one, and in 3 pieces glued together ... I ordered some and had to reglue a couple with a gel super glue .... stick with the brand new one piece for a few dollars more .... The great deal was from Home Depot awhile back, when the brand new one was only 5.99 with free shipping .... glad I ordered a bunch at that time ....even a new one at 9.99 with free shipping is a good deal, as they all come with different mounting hardware for the handlebars as well ....

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
in 3 pieces glued together ... I ordered some and had to reglue a couple with a gel super glue
I would have returned those as "Not as Described"...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts