Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a worm gear shaft for a Simplicity 1692469 Sno-Away 860M 24In? It's part #1612129SM. I believe it fits other Simplicity models also. It's not available retail and hasn't popped up on ebay in the last couple months I've been looking. If you have one I will happily buy it from you. Mine is bent.

Shaft, Worm [1612129SM] for Simplicity Lawn Equipment | eReplacement Parts

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try this guy in North Reading, Mass. - north of Boston. This is one of those types that runs these ads 365 days a year and the prices are astronomical. But it is a starting point.

Also, if you have dealers in your area, map out their locations and call/visit. Just because they don't sell Simplicity doesn't mean that may not have a Simplicity carcass out in the back boneyard.

Link: http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/5913446325.html

·
Banned
474 Posts
Tough to straighten bent shaft and if it were mine I would replace. Shaft is readily available keyed or not. Yours looks to have a certain section that might be turned down somewhat? Me, I would cross drill and do whatever else needs to be done from new stock.

Best solution for the average guy is take it to a machine shop/fabricator where they will make you a new one if it cannot be straightened.

Reactions: garytw
1 - 3 of 3 Posts