Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a single wire headlight for my mtd 5/22 snowblower. I have the wire for the light just no light.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I'm in need of a single wire headlight for my mtd 5/22 snowblower. I have the wire for the light just no light.
You need a 2 wire light. The black will connect your wire and the white will connect to a ground point on the machine. You should be able to find something that will work at your local automotive supply store. A utility light of some type. You may have to custom a mount bracket

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have a brand new PAR 36 Halogen 12v 55 Watt bulb with the corresponding weather tight rubber housing with mounting plate (also brand new in package item# 507LU). You can have both for $15.00 plus shipping.

As Prime mentioned, all snow blower lights are two wire set-up. The black wire on the light will connect to the + wire you currently have on your snow blower and the yellow wire (on my light housing black is positive and yellow is ground) will connect to a clean metal ground point on the machine. You should also add a 2 amp inline fuse to the positive wire. I'll throw in the 2amp fuse and fuse holder for free if you buy the headlight. Feel free to PM me if interested.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd also check to see that your engine's charging circuit can deliver the needed wattage to operate the light that you want to install.

My Yamaha's stock circuit is rated for 18 watts.

I've seen some Tecumseh HMSK80 prepped with a 3 amp charging circuit = 36 watts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wish I would of read this before I bought a light kit on eBay. I just installed the factory 61111 alternator and I've tested and I have power from the wire. I ended up getting the Arnold universal kit. It was actually a 2 pack so I have a spare to keep or sell. Part # 490-241-0009

1 - 5 of 5 Posts