Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 61 year old female researching snowblowers.
Ny Long Island resident
we get a variety of snow
looking into the
Simplicity Snow Blowers specifically the
SNOWSHREDDER SNOW BLOWER WITH SERRATED AUGER
specifically how does this compare to a two stage forward propelled models
basically will I be able to push this model - thx to anyone that can shed some light!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Welcome, I think in honesty, it would depend on the amount and type of snowfall. On dry pavement, the single stage machine may be the easiest to maneuver, over the two-stage.

Your best bet, is to actually go where you plan to purchase, and feel the weight of tipping them back, as though you are going to turn the machine. And depending on the place, turn it around, to see if it meets your needs.

Others from your neck of the woods may chime in here, as to wether a single stage would suffice. I can't answer that question, the closest thing that I've been to LI, was Niagara Falls.

That said, one other thing to consider, is how mechanically inclined you might be. If not then you may look for a dealership that offers pick up and delivery service.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Also it would help if you could give the size of your entrance for sizing the snowblower and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have a fairly level driveway this single stage should pretty much pull itself along as long as the snow is not deep icy stuff. I think this machine could be the perfect compromise between single and 2 stage models. I am considering this unit myself. The engine is 250cc which is the same size used on past Ariens platinum 24" 2 stage machines....should be plenty of power. This is a new model so until new owners have a chance to report back after some snowfalls we will not know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts