Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone

I noticed that one of my auger blades was barely touching the ground and that could impact performance. Since my plates are ultra rusty, I decided to get a rubber set.

However I'm having issues with one side. One of the bolts broke off and some of it is still there. The other bolt is stripped and rusty. I only have basic tools so I may have to go out and get something arrggg

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guy's

Finally got both sides installed. My dad came over with his torch and that loosened the bolt enough.

This is my 1st snowblower. I got it for free a few weeks ago. Since then I changed the belts. Learned how to change the oil and learned how to adjust the carb mixture screws.

Now it just needs to snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get a can of this at TSC /www.tscstores.com/400ML-FORMULA-3000-RUST-CURE-P9569.aspx And spray inside the auger housing,impeller housing and chute , as well as the lower part of outside auger housing. When you put away after use put a board under the scraper bar to let housing dry out better.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. I'll try it out. It's too bad, it was probably left outside. The engine runs really well. I think the body will give up before the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts