Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Huh?
Are you ISO skids for your blower? Do you want steel or poly skids? Worried about rust marks or scratching your driveway? Go with poly. If you're not concerned about this stuff steel skids are fine. Snowblowerskids.com has nice steel skids. I don't know where to get poly skids. I make my own out of HDPE. Others on here make them out of UHMW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where do you guys buy for a 524 without over paying. Thanks
The bigger question is why do you think you need new ones? What problem are you trying to address? The steel ones on my 1988 824 Toro never failed and worked fine for my flat driveway/back yard :D If you are clearing uneven surfaces, that is a totally different story.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Skids shoes are pretty universal. You just have to get ones with the same bolt spacing as your current ones.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answering. My drive way is Asphalt but has a lot of dips and such. One of my skids is ripped. Metal is fine. It is a 1980 or so 524

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
go on snowblower skids.com's website

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very happy with this old 524. Put on some impeller rubbers and belt last year. Cleared snow great in North Jersey. I am thinking of extending the handle bars since I am tall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts