Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
13 out 20. I have to argue the how are small engines cooled question though. Petroleum air or electricity....true they are air cooled but the first method of cooling is the induction of the cool fuel /air mixture into the cylinder. kind of a trick question if you ask me.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
got 16 right, some of the answers dont make any sense, like the flywheel transfers power to driven components even though everybody knows the crankshaft does

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have to question how hot an engine gets. 4500 degrees might be the temp of the flame kernal but not the cylinder, piston, rod ,crank, carb or any other part of the system. Steel melts at about half that temp never mind aluminum .

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
+1... that quiz is awful!

Many answers are outright wrong, and others are misleading or completely nonsensical.

·
Registered
404 Posts
22. I think I could've done better, but I made a couple of dumb misinterpretation errors.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I posted this to see what others would think. I gave up with the question about fly/ crankshaft supply power.

The whole quiz is flawed, obviously written by someone that knows jack schmidt.

:wavetowel2:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
24, but I questioned the flywheel question, and the 4500* question. At 4500* you would burn off all your oil, and the cylinder walls would not be able to be maintained.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I posted this to see what others would think. I gave up with the question about fly/ crankshaft supply power.

The whole quiz is flawed, obviously written by someone that knows jack schmidt.

:wavetowel2:
I think you have the wrong family. You meant this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts