Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I got back from out bike trip from Minneapolis to the Smoky's. Went out thru Chicago and came back thru St. Louis. All told 2,650 miles.

What a blast!!

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Never been on a long bike trip. Never had a big tourimg bike to do it. All I have is a Fat Boy. Can't even get cruise on them. I wouldn't make a run like that w/o cruise.
Did you run the dragon?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, the Dragon. Did you see the "tree of shame" at Deal's Gap?

Yup, saw the tree of shame, with a fair amount of skid marks on the dragon itself. Must been a couple close calls the day we ran it.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never been on a long bike trip. Never had a big tourimg bike to do it. All I have is a Fat Boy. Can't even get cruise on them. I wouldn't make a run like that w/o cruise.
Did you run the dragon?
I have a 2002 wide glide that I put 55,000 miles on. Been as far west as WY, and as far east as Detroit. Your bike should have a cruise on it so to speak. There "should" be a set screw with a large knob at the bottom of the throttle, just screw that up and it lock's the throttle in place. Not the safest, but I have done it. On my Ultra, I blew the fuse for the elec cruise just outta Chicago and rode to Gatlinburg TN with out it.

Yes we ran the dragon. The photo with the logo on it is take on the dragon by one of the three companies that sits there all **** day, taking photo's on the off chance you will buy them. **** of a way to make I living I think, but it must work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts