Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up Guys, so finally we got enough snow in Northern jersey to use the blower for first time after engine swap.
I have a couple of questions hopefully one of you guys can help, I got the Auger to work but didn't get good tension on gears belt.

Last Thursday, I managed to push the the 524 with no gearing & one tire w/ no air in it(tried to put air at gas station, pump apparently doesn't have enough pressure to pump air into small tires) got to do my driveway, walk way & help out a lil of my sides neighbors, was too tired to keep helping others.....over wknd got air in tire at a mechanic shop, no flat.

So I was beat after that but one question is how do I take off this pulley from old engine, I need red piece to get more tension on gears belt. What do I need to pull it out?
I've tried hammering out, doesn't work.:smiley-confused013:

as you can see the blower was used but on an unorthodox way, was better than shoveling the whole thing, even though old man 2 houses from me would of helped like he usually does, but I need to help out bc he's getting older, so can't depend on his blower.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
There should be a small set screw on the pulley. Loosen that, spray with PB Blaster, and then use a puller. I've used a pitman arm puller on a similar pulley with good success.

On another note, what are your plans for the old engine? Specifically, the electric starter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be a small set screw on the pulley. Loosen that, spray with PB Blaster, and then use a puller. I've used a pitman arm puller on a similar pulley with good success.

On another note, what are your plans for the old engine? Specifically, the electric starter.
I took the small screw off, put pb blaster & it wiggled a lil, I was looking for a puller at home depot & harbor freights, no luck. Just checked & Advance Auto has them.
I was going to put the electric starter on ebay or craigslist, maybe some one has use for it, if you want it make an offer shipped to you...
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts