Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the easiest/best way to get to the belts from the bottom of the machine? If, so then tip the machine onto it's front and remove the bottom cover? I assume that if I do it this way that it would be best to drain the oil before tipping the machine. Of course the gas tank will be empty.
Thank You.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've loosened the 2 belt guides but I can't get the belt off the pulley. Any suggestions? Roll it off? Muscle it off?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Taryl:
donyboy73:

Your's is probably similar, great info on these channels btw.

Reactions: JIMMIEM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You. I watched both videos and the belt setups are similar to mine. One thing they both did was pull the starter to turn the pulley which helped 'walk' the auger belt off the pulley. I'll follow their technique.
Thanks again. I appreciate your taking the time to post these videos.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Thank You. I watched both videos and the belt setups are similar to mine. One thing they both did was pull the starter to turn the pulley which helped 'walk' the auger belt off the pulley. I'll follow their technique.
Thanks again. I appreciate your taking the time to post these videos.

Be sure to remove the spark plug wire BEFORE pulling on the starter. It is much easier to type with both hands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure to remove the spark plug wire BEFORE pulling on the starter. It is much easier to type with both hands.
Absolutely. Also, run it dry, empty the gas tank, and remove the key. I can't type to save my life.....never learned how. I'm 2 fingers all the way. The plus side is I probably won't get carpel tunnel problems (lol).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts