Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Snapper Single Stage Snowthrower (model 1695882). The cute does not turn. When I try to move the knob up and down to rotate the chute, it moves a tiny bit but then sounds like gears grinding. I took the chute off and chute rotation and knob move fine. Any advice on if a part needs to be replaced or what to do?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi! It would help if you posted a few pictures of the chute mechanism to help diagnose what the issue is with it jamming.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I took a quick look at the parts diagram. Besides the main chute rotation assembly there are two gears, one which must be timed to the main ring gear, (chute rotation). Also just because you take the chute off and the chute rotation rotates does not mean everything is happy. Under load there could be something inside that gearbox that is stripped and would only show up under an applied load. The 2 gears outside that assembly are not that expensive, however the main gearbox is and or the service kit for the chute rotation are a little pricey at $150 +. On a single stage approaching the 10 year mark you've got to decide how much you want to spend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts