Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sno-tek 24, model # 920402. The RPM is throttling high and low. I purchased a carb kit and cleaned out the pins, but the problem is still there so I'm assuming the next step would be to replace the fuel lines. Does anyone know what size the fuel line is and a recommendation where to purchase? Thank you.

I'm trying to be more of a hands on guy rather than send it in for service. I've been bad in the past in that I didn't put stabilizer in during the summer and now I'm paying for it. I've learned my lesson, but on that note, it's forcing me to learn how to fix engines :)

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
:white^_^arial^_^0^_ I have a Sno Tek 724 but I don't have any problems w/it. You'll need an engine service manual probably, to get the fuel line size unless you contact Ariens. They can probably tell you.
Just a side note I don't think the fuel lines will help.

Reactions: andrewb

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah, I'll agree with Joe. Fuel lines are not likely to be causing the hunting problem. I think there are magical potions you can pour in the tank that may give some relief. I don't know what country you're writing from, Andrew, but the E10 gasoline found in the USA is not your friend in terms of long-term storage. Do you have access to ethanol-free gasoline?

Welcome aboard !!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
^+3 on new fuel line wont help with the engine surging. as mentioned, get some good fuel if available....and i would try a healthy dose of seafoam in the tank....but thats just a me thing !

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
hello anderw, welcome to SBF!! I would try some fresh gas

Reactions: andrewb

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
^+3 on new fuel line wont help with the engine surging. as mentioned, get some good fuel if available....and i would try a healthy dose of seafoam in the tank....but thats just a me thing !
I always use Seafoam and Startron. Others may disagree but I have never had any problems. I don't use StaBil.
Since my writing this several years ago the Liberty gas station near us begun sell Ethanol free 91 Octane. I have pretty much gotten away from using any additives since then. I still use 10% Ethanol 87 Octane when I'm running something constantly such as my push mower in the spring but if anything sits for a while it gets drained and run dry and get some of the E free gas put in the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird, I didn't get any notifications for the replies. Thanks so much everyone, you saved me a lot of time. I'll try the Seafoam and see if I can get it to stop surging. If that doesn't work, I'll drop by for more advice.

I'm out in Canada by the way, Edmonton AB to be specific.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. I took the idle jet out and cleaned it up, that helped. These machines are jetted way lean so any amount of clogging will cause a hunting idle.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I always use Seafoam and Startron. Others may disagree but I have never had any problems. I don't use StaBil.
I have had stabil seperate then clod back together in the bottom of carbs..Years ago..I haven't used it since ..they may have changed the formula since then I don't know. I use seafoam now/ not that there is any scientific data to show it works...but by coincidence it seems to work for alot of people for off season storage.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd avoid the ethanol laced gasoline if at all possible. The stuff is **** on small engines, and not much better in large ones. I've used Stabil for years without any negative results. I use the new green formula in my boat motors as it is supposed to protect against ethanol. They seem to run just fine, so either it works or at the very least it isn't hurting them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the SBF from Gettysburg

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I’ve worked on many and I’m not sure the metric size but the stock low speed jet is .018 and I drill them out to .021 and all hunting goes away.

Reactions: uberT
1 - 12 of 12 Posts