Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You lucky people get to read my first post on this forum. :D

Just got this machine a week ago, so I guess we won't be getting any snow in RI this year.

After assembly filled with gas all oils checked, I fired it up electric. When I checked the drive I put it in lowest forward speed depressed the clutch handle and much to my surprise it started driving in reverse, duh? :confused:

As the drive is initiated through friction wheels, I'm hoping it will just be an adjustment, I haven't messed with it yet.

Has anyone of you had a similar issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey POWERSHIFT93, I did the assembly from the box, but that linkage was hooked up at the factory. I really do not want to take the bottom off of the machine, but I notice that the shaft coming from the hand lever, at the connection point on the machine has a couple of inches of threaded rod beyond the clevis I don't know if "lengthening" the distance from the clevis to the upper lever will get me in the ball park. Thanks for the ALOHA :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I pulled up your owners manual on the web and there is an adjustment for the speed selector. Take a look at the manual. If you move the lever to the left one notch does
it go forward?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zavie, yes it does move forward when I move up to the 2nd notch, and the other notches respectively increases speed as it should. I'll go out later, maybe today, or not but I will check and maybe adjust, just to find out. As we know it is just a friction type drive so it is more than likely an adjustable issue. Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Yea, easy fix. It maybe got banged up a bit in shipping and bent the rod? Friction disc transmissions are pretty simple. The only difference between F and R is which side of center it is adjusted to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, easy fix. It maybe got banged up a bit in shipping and bent the rod? Friction disc transmissions are pretty simple. The only difference between F and R is which side of center it is adjusted to.
I hope nothing got bent in there. I really did not want to open up the housing, but after the poor adjustment from the factory, I might open it up just to make sure the internal adjustments have been made correctly or they did not change during shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts