Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
FWIW, in that part of MI, those are pretty much a standard city/municipality/large business plow (although most of those are 3 augur). I can't say that I have ever seen one on a dump truck - just fairly large loaders. (The other trucks get blades and a salt spreader for lighter loads at highway speeds.

The big ones are the dedicated trucks with the blower engine in the rear. As noted, with that chute, truck loading is one use, but most SnoGo gear has a chute bypass.that lets them go hundreds of feet.

So, I dunno . . . if in fair shape, and a decent engine core, if you have the $750, it could be interesting as a project.
(I grew up in Houghton 1962 -, so know the sjow well. A lot of it, but historically pretty dry . . .)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Late to the party, but...

get fluid samples from the critical systems, get analysis so you have an idea what's been working well and what's been chewing on itself. Since it's not going on a PTO, how do the controls remote to your tractor cab? Is anything obviously broken? Last but no least, can you find out why it was parked? I used to dabble more in interesting cars. Some "finds" are represented as "ran when parked ten years ago", but there's always a critical reason something was parked. Usually, it turns out, it was a failure that was going to cost more than a couple new-car lease payments to fix.

Got the tools and talent available to bring this one back to life? How much will the $1500 hurt if it ends up as scrap? Will they deliver it?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts