Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Big Ed pointed out, one of the guide wheels on my S-225 is the wrong one. The one original one is 4 1/2" diameter. There's some on Ebay listed as the ones for a S-262. I Emailed the seller who responded that his are 5 1/2" Does any one know what a 225 is supposed to have?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
As Big Ed pointed out, one of the guide wheels on my S-225 is the wrong one. The one original one is 4 1/2" diameter. There's some on Ebay listed as the ones for a S-262. I Emailed the seller who responded that his are 5 1/2" Does any one know what a 225 is supposed to have?
I have a 226 and it looks just like yours mine are at 4 1/2".
I would think the the larger ones are for the 6 hp Birds.

But that is just my thoughts I don't know if they are right but I think they might be.

I been watching those what are they close to $40 bucks? I think that is too much?

I have seen some machines where the locking notch was broke and they just used a bolt instead. I don't see why they could not be made by cutting out a circle out of a piece of flat metal?
As long as they are a 4 1/2" circle.
Unless they are stainless.? Then the stainless stock might cost a good buck.

Heck look close at the picture, it has a bolt in one like I said above.
I don't think they are worth the $40 plus $6 to ship, plus they are damaged if you ask me.

By the way they are listed for a 263 that is the 6 hp model, with a larger bucket.

I believe yours should be 4 1/2" anyway.
Maybe Tim the Birdman:p, will add here.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Y'know, I've never had to replace one.

The Snowbird part number for the ones on my S-241 is 60015. If there's other manuals floating around online (or maybe Scot has one), it should be easy to find out what fits what.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I guess the only way to get parts for these older Birds is to buy another blower?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, yeah, pretty much.....

Almost had another one locally, but it was one of the slightly newer Tecumseh powered machines with no guards.....think it's a 7020 or 7040 or some such. $60, broken recoil, chute turn cable was questionable. Passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts