Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning to blow snow. Put in the fully charged battery. The snowblower started and about two minutes later it stopped as I was blowing snow. Tried to start it again and didn’t get anything at all, would not start. The light came on, but there was no sound at all. So thinking it can’t be the battery. I then plugged it in. The engine turns over but won’t start. Just purchased it about 3 months ago and have used it several times. I have the Snow Joe model iON18SB-HYB. Any idea what’s going on?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Charge the battery again. Check the connections. Bring it back is my first choice.

Reactions: Rooskie

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
Went out this morning to blow snow. Put in the fully charged battery. The snowblower started and about two minutes later it stopped as I was blowing snow. Tried to start it again and didn’t get anything at all, would not start. The light came on, but there was no sound at all. So thinking it can’t be the battery. I then plugged it in. The engine turns over but won’t start. Just purchased it about 3 months ago and have used it several times. I have the Snow Joe model iON18SB-HYB. Any idea what’s going on?
is that an battery operated thrower? agree bring back to dealer.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome to the Snowblower Forum!
Take that thing back and get a new one before the 90 day warranty runs out!
That is the best answer anyone can give you.
This is a throw-away society and you have purchased a prime example.
Take that plastic thing back to where you bought it and get another one.
When that one stops, take it back and repeat the process.

Good Luck to you.

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
only used it several times? get your money back and buy a Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What exactly do you mean by this? If the engine is spinning then the augers should be spinning unless the gears or transmission belt are broken or dislodged. You can easily check the transmission components by removing the side cover.

Here's the link to the belt if you need a new one: Snow Joe ION18SB-HYB-73 Replacement Drive Belt for iON18SB-HYB
It is a hybrid snow blower. When I try to start it with the battery, nothing happens. It does make a sound..nothing. When I plugged it in, it’s trying to start, but it like it’s not making a connection somewhere...kind of like when you’re trying to start a car...it’s turning over, but won’t start.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It is a hybrid snow blower. When I try to start it with the battery, nothing happens. It does make a sound..nothing. When I plugged it in, it’s trying to start, but it like it’s not making a connection somewhere...kind of like when you’re trying to start a car...it’s turning over, but won’t start.
Perhaps I don't fully understand.
Have you tried entering the term 'snow joe' in the box at the top of this page that says, 'Search Community'?
I am aware there have been many questions to the forum regarding this particular brand of hybrid snowblowers.
Perhaps someone else has wrote in and their experience might lend clarity to your dilemma?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
It is a hybrid snow blower.
Yes, I understand that. Again, if the motor is spinning and the auger paddle is not, you need to take off the side cover and check the belt. If the motor isn't spinning, but the light comes on and the chute controls work, it's likely the control board, or the interlock switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your input. I have contacted Snow Joe customer service and they are sending me a replacement snowblower since it was still under warranty. Had a great experience with their customer service so far. Should receive the replacement within 5-7 business days. They also sent me a confirmation email on the same day with a return label for the defective one. Will have to wait and see if I receive the replacement within the time frame specified. So far, I’m satisfied with the response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts