Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently picked up a Snow Cheif snow blower Model SC3222ES-J 3 HP Took a new plug to get it started. I need to know the oil to gas mixture ratio. 32:1 or 50:1 Thinking 32:1 since it is an older model. Can anyone help. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snow chief

Not sure how old the unit is. It does have some years on it, meaning it is older. I would have to say 32:1 but again not sure. The gentlemen I got it from is out of town. I can try some of the uni-mix like to describe, if I can not fine out what the mixture is. I appreciate you response. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
32:1 should work excellent. Their are all kinda of theory's on oil mixture. Modern oils are so much better than even 20 years ago and carry a lot of lube per volume you can lean them out pretty lean. You might have trouble on a normal use motor like an RV with plug fouling. But on a blower motor where you run close to max RPM all the time no trouble at all with 32:1

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use Bel-Ray at 50:1 on my Toro which says 50:1 But had a older Toro and it said 32:1 but ran it with the Bel-Ray 50:1 and it ran better than the cheap mix stuff at 32:1 and still is running and clean with no problems.
To me it is better to get the quality mix oil than the cheap stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts