Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First time poster. I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having with my Toro. It’s about 14+ years old and I’ve had it since I bought it new. Starts up and runs nicely every year. The problem I’m having is when I’m done using it, I notice gas leaking on the ground underneath. I removed the cover and checked the gas tank (not in the recall) and fuel line which were clean. So I then replaced the gaskets and a fresh spark plug and fired it up , ran beautifully and no leak was spotted. A short time after I shut it off ,again I had fuel on the ground. The fuel filled up in the carburetor shield and was overflowing onto the floor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I would love to keep this Toro running for another 14 yrs! Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies! I forgot to mention that it is model #38602. Serial # 230001087. Thanks again! Mike

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Might also want to check oil level and see if any gas may have gotten in there. Over filled and gasoline smell.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Might also want to check oil level and see if any gas may have gotten in there. Over filled and gasoline smell.
Sorry Joe, it's a two stroke.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Sorry Joe, it's a two stroke.

LOL! I guess that rules out what I said. I'm not familiar with that model. :icon-embarrassed:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
. I'm not familiar with that model. :icon-embarrassed:

I think it was a 7 hp 2-cycle, most powerful single stage Toro ever made.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My CCR3650 (6.5hp) version of that engine did the exact same thing. I tried 2 replacement carbs, one Chinese knock off and one $$$ Genuine Briggs and Stratton metal replacement neither one of them worked as good as the original plastic toro carb. So i ended up just installing a gas shutoff valve and using the original leaking carb. I turn the gas off and run it dry after i am done and no more leaks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hello all! First time poster. I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having with my Toro. It’s about 14+ years old and I’ve had it since I bought it new. Starts up and runs nicely every year. The problem I’m having is when I’m done using it, I notice gas leaking on the ground underneath. I removed the cover and checked the gas tank (not in the recall) and fuel line which were clean. So I then replaced the gaskets and a fresh spark plug and fired it up , ran beautifully and no leak was spotted. A short time after I shut it off ,again I had fuel on the ground. The fuel filled up in the carburetor shield and was overflowing onto the floor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I would love to keep this Toro running for another 14 yrs! Thanks again, Mike
It's a needle and seat issue it's a common problem on these toros 2450, 3650 and the commander..I believe its toro part #801317

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts