Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a new blower and im trying to keep it tip top shape for as long as i can. I bought some snow jet to spray on the chute and augers but i really dont see andy difference with it. What are your guys opinions on those products?

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
If I need to spray my machine I usually just use some cheap cooking spray. I'm sure there are better products but 99.9% of the time I don't find it necessary to spray it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Proper maintenance is key to keeping the machine running (and looking) well. I also think the sprays are a waste. I repainted the auger and housing on the used Toro I got a few years back, focusing mostly on proper metal prep, and the paint has held up well. This spring I will touch up any scrapes before the rust gets hold again.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Line it with crazy sled plastic, uhmw, or hdpe. Some have had success with Pledge, Johnson wax, auto polish, canola spray, Pam, Fluid Film, a plastic paint type spray.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being anal about the snow blower since its still nice and shiny i figured it was worth a try. After one season of use i definitly will be painting the auger housing as i chewed up a big chunk of metal that got plowed into my driveway. (Boy did that hurt)lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Doing an impeller mod is about the best you can do to improve performance. There is a temperature where people have a problem with sticking in my area we are almost never having that problem. Never used a spray.

Video gives you an idea

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about putting an impeller kit,on it but dont know whats gonna happen to the warranty if i need to,use it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts