Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with parts of NY going to get 40+ inches i want to see some photos. we already had a storm of 20+" here in Ohio.

Reactions: chargin

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
only 18 here in nw nj so far it's still falling so maybe another 3 or 4 before it stops. 40 omg no thanks been there don't hope to see a repeat
upside is both ski areas will open at 1000 hours est

·
Registered
632 Posts
The Portland area is on the northern edge of this latest storm. We're supposed to get 4-8 and possibly more depending on how far north it travels.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just 2-3 inches here in Maryland, followed by hours of rain and then another inch of snow. I haven't brought out the two stage yet. It's an icy snow out there at 21F/-6C and it should warm up above freezing tomorrow. Pretty though and I've only seen one car out this morning. You can see the little fox tracks in the photo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,839 Posts
Virtually nothing here in the midwest. I did hear that there's a storm out west that could do something here, but nothing here so far.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
At least a foot here in the Boston suburbs. Cold, 19F. Fine, light snow still coming down for a few more hours.

Reactions: Mushkie11

·
Banned
2,890 Posts
Probably 11 -12 inches here in central CT ... no real biggie, looks to be light fluff .. ideal snow blowing type ... thank goodness, as I have mine, and 2 of my neighbors double drives to do.....probably get out there about 11:00 this morning, should be pretty well over by then.

Gives me the opportunity to try out the 10HP Yard Machines unit that I refurbished this past year.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
weather channel just showed Binghamton Ny with 40 inches down already. mayor said it was falling at 5 inches a hour for a while

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
snowing here in sierra. real pretty.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
weather channel just showed Binghamton Ny with 40 inches down already. mayor said it was falling at 5 inches a hour for a while
Wow
40+" is no joke.
We had a 36" snowfall back in Feb 2014, and it took days to clean up.
Real danger of structural damage and roof collapse, especially when weather warms up and you get rain.

Lakeshore Blvd Sauble Beach Feb 2014:

South Bruce Peninsula-2014 feb.JPG

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think I heard the weather man say 44" at Okemo already !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Impressive number tallies and photos!:eek:

Keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
500 Posts
We wuz robbed!

Yesterday they promised us 5 to 9 inches. We got maybe four. Today they promised us 6 to 10 inches. We got maybe five. Is this what it's like to be a disappointed bride on the wedding night?

The snow was the very wet and heavy stuff, the "heart attack special" kind. The Ariens Deluxe 24 performed very well, no disappointments there at all. Did my driveway/sidewalk and two of the neighbors.

Oh well, it's early in the season yet, plenty of time to make up for lost opportunities.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Somewhere north of 12" in southern Maine and more to come...

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Registered
Ariens Platinum SHO 24"
187 Posts
Snow Belt of Ohio only saw a dusting... not even worth getting the blower out. Looking for something to come our way so I can try Ginger out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not too much here in Southern RI right near the coast...maybe 5-6" with a layer of rain sandwiched in. Bitter cold now though. Blower ran like a champ - didn't use it at all last season and when I pulled it out to give it the once over the other day it started on the first pull!

Hope everyone is safe and warm tonight!

Dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts