Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
We've had light flurry activity since noon. I can see the sun trying to poke through the remaining clouds now. We must be around 12" - 13", which is pretty respectable. More effort to clean up than I would have guessed, lots of wind, too.

My 24" SHO burns a LOT of gas and has a tiny tank :(

Reactions: chargin

·
Super Moderator
2,221 Posts
reports for here on the mountain top were saying 18 to 24 wound up just about 18 while in the valley by the PD they measured only 11.2 as it was warmer early on down there at 35 deg ver 29 up top started as rain down there
there is a 1000 foot difference top 1400 valley floor 400 we had stiffer winds they had less

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's been raining steady since 4 PM. The temperature is too warm here along Massachusetts south shore (Plymouth) for any snow but the wind is blowing pretty hard.

Someone should post some snowblowing photos.

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R. #2- 10M6
179 Posts
Was depressed as we were supposed to get 4-8 and only got 2” when I left for work at 5am, came home at 6pm 37degrees and snow just about gone.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
We're probably around 8". Been too warm again. It's going to transition over to rain fairly soon. I haven't been out yet but I know it's going to be brutally heavy. Trees are really weighed down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally got to try out my 24Platinum SHO. After 16 months of ownership, we finally got some snow in MD. Waited until the plow truck had come by and created a slushy frozen pile of mess. Fired her up, and chewed the entire plow pile down the road and cleared the end of neighbors driveways.

This thing is ridiculous! About a 12" tall by 12" wide pile, and it ate the entire thing, spewing its hate 30-40' without breaking a sweat.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
My Toro PowerShift has an auger belt issue . . . it seems . . . So I had to switch to using the Troy-Bilt for the clean-up of 18" of heavy snow (good for making snowmen and snow forts). I'll have to see about fixing the Toro this coming weekend. The weather reports were talking about some more snow then.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm in West Michigan, and I think our total 2020-2021 snowfall has been less than 12". I got to snowblow twice so far both times about 4" almost worth it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think we got 8" or so before the rain came in and compressed everything down. In the wind blown area of my driveway it looked like 2 or 3"...that's it. But it was heavy!! Burned thru my first tank of gas in no time at all. Looks like an all-rain event for Friday and then something cooking for Sunday that doesn't involve football :oops:

Reactions: chargin

·
Registered
100 Posts
In Hanover, MA we got 1" of concrete heart attack inducing sludge. Disappointing...

·
Registered
152 Posts
We got about 3"-5" with a high EOD because the plows were out all afternoon/evening before the change over.

My Toro 8/24 handled the slush real well.

No clogging. It did pile up right outside the chute and I had to clear that a few times to turn the chute.
My MTD was useless in this kind of snow.

·
Super Moderator
2,221 Posts
wish we had some of those lower numbers here. the county averaged 28 to as high as 40 . 39 was the last i checked, been in and out 5 times to clear it off, i'm worn out the machine is asking for a break down about 3 gallons of gas meaning i need to make a efree gas run to Wurtsboro ny

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Captchas, any more photos, 39" is impressive!!

For me, anything over 24" and it is no longer fun, actually it starts to get dangerous with huge banks and damaging snow loads for some structures, especially if it warms up and you get rain.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It snowed four times here, about 2 inches followed by rain, then 1 inch, then another inch, then 1/2 inch. I was out shoveling 3 times, but did get to use the snowblower. I went along the side of the road and cleared out the plow pile behind the truck and in front of the mailbox. The Honda bogged down with the heavy, plow-packed snow and I had to go slowly. But overall, it worked fine and saved me many hours of heavy lifting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Colorado High Country received just under a foot yesterday into the night. First good dump in months... very dry this year. I will wait until later this afternoon to get the blower out... still trying to break out of the single digit temperatures.

...very pretty of the sun trying to break through:

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the blizzard that hit the Sierras January 28-29. I’m at 6700 feet in North Lake Tahoe. I cleared the 35-40 inches of inches of snow with my 30+ year old Honda HS80, and then bought a new HSS1332A but it hasn’t snowed much since lol

21 - 40 of 41 Posts