Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if this snow thrower is safe to use on artificial turf. I purchased it in 2017 - 4 years before my turf was installed. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I would feel more comfortable if you put roller skids on, lowering the skids thus raising the housing.

·
Registered
Smp 860, Arns 22k, 924026, Pwrlite
598 Posts
I have old rugs down on my garage floor to cover poor concrete . The 2 stage blowers do not present a problem for me unless there be long threads or tatters and then the party is over ! Watch the transition between carpet and dissimilar surface. This may be relevant to your query, or not. :pGood luck.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I would think old rugs over bad concrete would make the situation worse, .... retaining moisture, no breathing and crumbling worse.?

JMHO

·
Registered
879 Posts
Any sharp edge on any snow blower will be murder on artificial turf.

Reactions: jessicaanneb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to SBF, glad to have you here.

There's probably some steps you can take to make it better for that surface... getting late on the US side so hang on a bit and I'm sure someone more familiar with that blower will be along.
okay - let’s shift gears here. If I wanted to sell this snow thrower what price tag should I put on it? It’s hardly been used since we’ve had little snow in 4 years.

·
Administrator
2,604 Posts
okay - let’s shift gears here. If I wanted to sell this snow thrower what price tag should I put on it? It’s hardly been used since we’ve had little snow in 4 years.
Someone local to your area can give you a much better idea of value than I can way over here in Japan. But prices for good used machines are pretty high right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone local to your area can give you a much better idea of value than I can way over here in Japan. But prices for good used machines are pretty high right now.
Much appreciated. Now I’m curious what machine you all think I should have that are okay on artificial turf by design. I think I’m in the market for a new machine.
Should I start a new thread for that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have old rugs down on my garage floor to cover poor concrete . The 2 stage blowers do not present a problem for me unless there be long threads or tatters and then the party is over ! Watch the transition between carpet and dissimilar surface. This may be relevant to your query, or not. :pGood luck.
Interesting - I think this gives me an idea of what to expect where as when I started this thread I had no idea. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
It's easy, 1/2" wrench or ratchet, remove the old skids, put the roller skids on. Do a search for Arnold Roller skids, I believe the cheapest price is Home Depot.

·
Registered
Smp 860, Arns 22k, 924026, Pwrlite
598 Posts
I would think old rugs over bad concrete would make the situation worse, .... retaining moisture, no breathing and crumbling worse.?

JMHO
Good roof, no moisture from above or below. They keeps the dust down, remind me of dear old Mom, and are kind to the feet. :cool: And they are tasteful Orientals. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts