Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a running gen2, 2 speed 26 " with the tecumseh engine. not sure of the model, looking for a manual i thought it was a 7020, but that manual looks different model . 7040 is closer, but no cigar. mine has 2 belts, not a friction wheel drive. the back cover is missing and i have to make one, but its hard to see how it would look or mount. from the 7040 manual look like it has a cover and a mounting bracket. also, the belts look beat, but also have a lot of slack. very much slack when not engaged, and still pretty sloppy when the lever is forward or reverse. any belts or part numbers available? i assume they are just fractional horsepower belts. i tried the yahoo group, but it seems kind of dead.

if anyone has a back cover and bracket for sale, please let me know

thanks
mike hooker
long island ny
[email protected]

·
Banned
474 Posts
If not a Yardman 7020 it sounds like it might be a Snowbird 265-2 produced in 1966 the very first year that Tecumseh engines were used. Does the impeller shaft go all the way out to and is supported by the auger shaft?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Snowbird S-225 that I recently had to rip down and clean the points up, once again it starts right up (Engine Model # 100202, Serial # 62-06220). An issue arose that while the engine is running and gear mechanisms disengaged, it wants to lurch or seems to want to engage but doesn't. Additionally, if I engage the gears for forward, no problem, runs like a bear. If I go to reverse, it binds up and stalls, when this happens, the belts seem to jump excessively but stay on the pulleys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts