Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I have found a discarded Ariens snowblower. The carb and the choke linkage were removed. I was able to get it running with an aftermarket carb. Just the other day, a cousin of mine handed me the original 631957B carb which seem to be in a pretty decent shape, minus the bowl o ring. It was removed from a machine that blew the engine some years ago. I plan to rebuild it and use it

However, if I was to restore the snowblower to its original condition I would need the original choke linkage. I turned the interned upside down, and the only photo that shows it I found on this forum. I suppose I could make one out of stiff wire, but it would be great if I could locate the original part. I already ordered a OEM muffler and few other parts, might as well go all the way with the restoration The OEM carburetor I have now matches the one in the photo .
The manual does not list the choke linkage p/n
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Carburetor choke.jpg

This is the only photo that I was able to find that shows the original carb and the choke lever

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Enter your engine model number and you'll find it, it's a standard Tecumseh 8hp engine.

Reactions: peter212

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Actually, my mistake was looking into the whole snowblower assembly. I should have focused on engine. I managed to locate the part number, it's Tecumseh choke wire p/n 34139. I cross referenced it through Jack's small engine web site. The engine parts list/drawing shows only the knob mounted on the carb cover. I suppose the option with the pull wire choke was short lived. However, it is no longer available pretty much everywhere I looked. I will try couple of repair shops in the neighborhood, they might have it, or make one myself.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
You have some nice photos . . . if all else fails, seems like making up your own replacement should not be that hard. Considering that it is nothing more than a hand operated control, close should be good enough (unlike gov linkages and such).

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I have the choke parts you need. You'll need to send me a Large self- addressed postpaid envelope to me, and I'll Send them, courtesy of the Forum. PM for my mailing address

1 - 7 of 7 Posts