Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing an Ariens Snow Blower Enclosure. Does anyone have one for any of your walk-behind snowblowers? If so, I'd like to know whether or not it's worth it. I'm okay with spending the $130/150 for one if the +'s outweigh the -'s, otherwise I'll put the money towards a single-stage Toro to clean off my deck :D.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I have never used one, but have read up a bit on them and these are some of the problems I remember.

Sometimes the windows can steam up.

They ad extra weight to the back of the blower which makes the front end ride up more. Most do have an optional weight kit to offset it.

They make the blower taller so if you have a low garage or shed that could be a problem.

It acts like a big sail on a windy day and can either blow you side to side or lift the front end.

If you are on the taller side you might be hitting your head on it a lot.

All those being said, if you are in a real windy area and get snow blowing back at you a lot it could be worth it. One other thing I heard is since you are kind of in a tent it stays kind of warm inside them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, I don't have one, but I also understand from some that the snow can stick to the windows, and it cracked when they knocked it off... this was in real cold weather... also I would be somewhat concerned with the wind at your back scenario... I like sailing, but not on that boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts