Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i had just replaced the short block in my three year old sears blower.its a 208cc motor and 26" width.the problem now is that the throttle doesn't make a diffrence where it is and it runs fine with the choke on but once you take it off it revs to high.also the butterfly doesn't hit the idle screw it seems like it stays half open.it ran fine before short block.only changed because burning oil

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that sounds like probably something like a Honda clone and I'm a Tecumseh man myself. Suggestion, if you have anything that shows the actual manufacturer or post pictures of the engine. The more that can be identified the better chance you'll have of getting an answer.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
My guess would be something with the governor isn't hooked up to the carb right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think so to but I have moved the linkage in different spots and it seems like it didn't matter where I put the linkage.the governer comes out of the block right.it is a small splined shaft?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think so to but I have moved the linkage in different spots and it seems like it didn't matter where I put the linkage.the governer comes out of the block right.it is a small splined shaft?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Since your replaced the short block you know the exact model number of the engine.

If you can find the repair manual for your engine it will tell you exactly how to adjust the governor. If when you put the lever back on the spindle you did not align it correctly it will never work.

you should find a video on youtube for you engine and how to adjust the governor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts