Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Bart, once again we are grateful that you joined this forum. I hadn't realized that we have you to turn to to solve all of our problems, not just snowblowers. Can you give us a month or so warning before any snowstorms are expected so we can get our snowblowers in order.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am an expert on everything and a self taught expert on meteorology and I study "analogs" that means the same weather conditions we had in past years will most likely be the same under the same conditions this year, my analog years are 1966-67 and 1983-84 and we are in for a bad winter for 2020-21
Plus I am on other sites with weather experts and follow what they have and most of them are in agreement for a bad winter with lots of snow.
Maybe if I get my Wheel Horse-Toro snowblower running right I could sell it for someone desperate for big $$$
I really don't need it
Can you be more specific, where are you from, and where are you forecasting for.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I would inagine that with his in-depth knowledge, he would be able to tell ypu how much snow will fsll on your particular driveway.

·
Registered
964 Posts
They seem to be out early this year (in NJ).

Has a shortage been confirmed or is it just hearsay at this point?

Reactions: Zavie

·
Registered
964 Posts
Off topic for a moment:

In looking at my own post I noticed a different looking model in the bottom right of the top pic. Didn't notice it in person :)

So checked the Ariens site and found this..

I guess its supposed to be a model to counter the Toro Snowmaster?

I also noticed its got no skids

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I want the orange one in the front row. The middle one, yeah that's it $1499. Wrap it up.

Reactions: Lunta

·
Registered
163 Posts
Paul
nothing like that lined up in at the newton lowes in in sussex county YET???? than if they have them stocked waiting for assembly by their butcher squad in the back it's who knows

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They seem to be out early this year (in NJ).

Has a shortage been confirmed or is it just hearsay at this point?
While no " official " word, I, and others, are going by lack of models on the floor. I have been at 4 dealers in last 2 weeks. I was told by 2 dealers that deliveries are running late. Another told me straight out they think there will be a shortage, and units ordered not filled. They usually had toros arriving in July. And not a single machine yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bart, once again we are grateful that you joined this forum. I hadn't realized that we have you to turn to to solve all of our problems, not just snowblowers. Can you give us a month or so warning before any snowstorms are expected so we can get our snowblowers in order.
I don't trust the weather predictions anymore. Weather channel likes to over -predict for sensationalism and get viewers attention. Those panda videos are cute, but what does that have to do with tomorrow snowstorm?

If I wash my car, precipitation usually follows within 12 hours, when I need to be on the road. Also I get bird poop on my windshield. Mother Nature just can't resist messing with a clean car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
tdipaul

lowes in newton in sussex county now has 12 machines on display 6 ariens and 6 craftsman, no signs of any troybilts as of yet, than we don't know what they may have in storage awaiting assembly as winter gets closer.time will tell if for sure there is a real shortage thanks to this deadly bug the world is suffering from

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't trust the weather predictions anymore. Weather channel likes to over -predict for sensationalism and get viewers attention. Those panda videos are cute, but what does that have to do with tomorrow snowstorm?

If I wash my car, precipitation usually follows within 12 hours, when I need to be on the road. Also I get bird poop on my windshield. Mother Nature just can't resist messing with a clean car.
i would rather it be a small bird than a sea gull or a turkey buzzard , ever catch a load from a buzzard? i have once no thanks on a second ,

wash a car.your correct! it's mother nature warranted you will see rain or a bird i cleaned my 79 C3 vette yesterday parked it in the drive to change and go for a ride, yep a big white spot dead center the hood

·
Registered
92 Posts
tdipaul

lowes in newton in sussex county now has 12 machines on display 6 ariens and 6 craftsman, no signs of any troybilts as of yet, than we don't know what they may have in storage awaiting assembly as winter gets closer.time will tell if for sure there is a real shortage thanks to this deadly bug the world is suffering from
I grew up in Lafayette. Biggest store in the Newton area then was "Big N"...
(Seeing how old you may be). 😄

·
Registered
163 Posts
i do remember big n now it's walmart, Hd and lowes even a tractor supply on 206 by the old suburban propane . doubt you would recognize the hospital anymore either. age wise try 73 .

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Took a ride over to the Toro dealer with my neighbor. He needed an idler pulley for his Timemaster. The only thing it's needed in 6 years so not too bad I guess. Anyway I talked with the sales guys and their snowblower order will be in this week. They got a shipping confirmation so they are on the truck in transit as we speak.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I spotted a surprising number of new machines at my local HomeDepot a couple weeks ago. They were parked right next to the BBQs and lawn mowers...

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
just came from Honda dealer. they have plenty of new Hondas EXCEPT the blowers with batteries......NONE. He showed me a stack of about 30 pre=orders for electric start blowers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Was at a dealer today, ( picking up my Stihl br800 ) and all the platinum and pros on display were 2019 models ( 2019 on sticker, and OLD gas cap design) , they had some new 2020 deluxe models. .They had a bunch of Honda machines, but no interest so didn't see if they were new old stock.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 42 Posts