Snowblower Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
that's what i saw also new old stock with 2019 production dates on what's on the floor of the box stores

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My dealer received part of his 2020 stock of Ariens, with balance due in next 7 days. I'm heading over Friday to check out what he received. Maybe a few pics too, if they are on display.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
What is everyone seeing now?
Our local HD shows 22 two-stage and 9 single-stage machines in stock....which seems very low.
Demand will sharply increase with the first real storm as there are a lot of machines with stale 2 year old gasoline in the tank.

I went to our local Polaris dealer yesterday to pick up an oil filter....only 3 ATVs and 1 Side-by-Side on the floor and all had a "sold" sticker. The guy at the parts counter told me customers now have to order ATVs sight unseen. This is in sharp contrast to the rows and rows of ATVs they've had in the past.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The big box weasels have national accounts with the machine builders so they get them at a lower cost per unit so they can fill up the front entrance to their stores with lots of eye candy. I will never buy anything from home despot after I tried to buy a snow blower with a local check that would have cleared the same day.

Most dealerships have to borrow money to buy inventory and pay for that inventory from cash accounts if it does not sell so they really have no need to keep their floors filled up with machines as it costs them less money to buy them as needed from prepaid sales orders.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Wow, Snow blower heaven. :)
I wonder if that is a big one length cable?
I guess they bring them in every night?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
i don't know about new machines but it seems like the used market is a bit stronger this year. it is nearly impossible to find any decent fully working machines for under $400. almost everything under $300 is super old or needs work. i am even seeing machines that are about $200 that need work and any decent machines under $300 seem to sell super quick.

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
they stay cabled together here till sold, never go inside save spring time when they get moved into storage in the back yard. uncovered till fall again

leon
it's called floor plan, they have to take so many and pay interest monthly to the oem on cost till sold

41 - 49 of 49 Posts