Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've gotten some good feedback in the past on these. I'm also starting to get the hang of my new Ariens 28 Deluxe SHO cutting down on snowblowing time.

I also really enjoy that in some of the recent snow storms, my neighbor has been out moving snow 2-3 times with his single stage snowblower - while I sit inside and watch it pile up until the storm is over. :) I'm really enjoying this machine. I also included some "real-time" video in this one per the requests I've gotten before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wish I had a drive way like yours instead of my convoluted mess. This is my first winter in an area with much snow and thankfully we're just renting. My wife found a place for sale that she liked and the first thing I thought of when I looked at the place was, "That's not much of a driveway. I won't even need my snowblower." I just told her I didn't really like the neighborhood so we're still looking.
"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had a drive way like yours instead of my convoluted mess. This is my first winter in an area with much snow and thankfully we're just renting. My wife found a place for sale that she liked and the first thing I thought of when I looked at the place was, "That's not much of a driveway. I won't even need my snowblower." I just told her I didn't really like the neighborhood so we're still looking.
"
I'm actually looking to replace my driveway. My pop's did concrete for a living, so having a blacktop driveway is a bit rough. Plus, It's getting close to end-of-life. I had some companies quote sealing it this summer (I bought this place in the spring) - and they all basically said they'd do a 2-year sealant on it, and then recommend replacing within the next 5 years.

It's also frustrating that it's only 1-car wide. I want to wipe out some of those trees and widen the driveway, and hopefully improve the curb appeal up front. :) It's a 5-year plan for me. The trees will likely go within the next year or two, driveway within the next 4-5.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**** it's a lot less dramatic in real time.
Yeah, pretty boring really - but I had a comment on the last post that was "I want to see real time" - so I added that in. Yeah, I prefer the fast-forward version!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know I've gotten some good feedback in the past on these. I'm also starting to get the hang of my new Ariens 28 Deluxe SHO cutting down on snowblowing time.

I also really enjoy that in some of the recent snow storms, my neighbor has been out moving snow 2-3 times with his single stage snowblower - while I sit inside and watch it pile up until the storm is over. :) I'm really enjoying this machine. I also included some "real-time" video in this one per the requests I've gotten before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOlH2gQOChs
You have to do another with 12" of snow next time. That video is perfect, but I want to see the snow fly!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are your skid shoes adjusted? Seems like it's riding the scraper plate?
Why do you say that? I don't think it rides there except for some uneven spots - especially when I do the edges of the driveway and accidentally drop a skid show off into the grass.

I did adjust them when I installed the poly skids by sliding a piece of 1/8" polycarbonate sheet scrap under the scraper and dropping the skids down to the ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts