Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Common problem ; owners burning up or breaking belts if the impeller is froze up to drum from previous use.
With engine off make sure your impeller is not froze to drum due to snow and ice.

Also make sure your tires and/or tracks are not frozen to ground/floor before driving.

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
When trying to diagnose a problem always start with the simplest solution first and work your way up.

Example; a NO START problem.

don't think first the valves need adjusting. that is way down the list for things to check.

Keep it simple.

Key on?
Fuel on?
Fuel in tank?
Spark?

and so on. work your way up from simple . Do this for any problem you have with your snowblower.

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not recommended to tie down auger handle. This can be dangerous if you walk away from machine especially if children and dogs are around. Amazed by how many owners do this.

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Moving on...

Keep spare parts and fluids handy. The various shear pins, oil , tranny oil and grease, spare drive belt, spare spark plug, spare cables , lubricating sprays for cables and moving parts.

·
Registered
265 Posts
...Silly me ;)

[Edit: Aye, let's keep this thread on-topic. Y.R.]
Actually I was.......I've(as I'm sure others have) tied the auger handle down so as to walk around front to see if all was well, my tought was this was what he first was referring too.......My mistake and apologies to all I offended.

Moving back........This could be dangerous and one could simply use a mirror or a second person to confirm the works were in proper turing order whilst the other held the handle down, not tie it down.

Again, my apologies for my misunderstanding and wasting white space with a bit of directed levity.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts